Plz parent 2 dogs until Feb., 2014 (will compensate)

글쓴이: Degarrr  |  등록일: 07.20.2013 04:38:32  |  조회수: 2628
Hello,

I am in need of some help from dog-loving community, and there aren’t a lot of places I can turn to. Please hear me out.

I live in a dog-friendly apartment near Cerritos, and recently my manager told me to have my dogs removed.

I have two white (some type of) Retriever-Jindo mixed dogs—one boy, one girl. They are around 2 and 3 years of age. The boy looks like a Retriever at 45lbs, and the girl looks like a jindo at 35lbs.

Few months ago, my family was coming back home from an outing and my dogs got so excited, and they just shot out the door and ran around the apartment’s open corridors (they always try. We are able to tell them to get back and stay inside, but on that day they got the best of us). There were kids playing in the corridors. The apartment kids all know our dogs, and a few of them let out some yikes and wows to see them run around free, but the children just played on. I chased down my dogs and put them back inside the house. No accidents occurred (dogs that bite people are put to sleep on first offense by animal control) .But, some parents got scared, worried, and mad.

We got a word from the manager telling us that next time our dogs run out free like that, we’ll have to get rid of them. As far as I know, a manager doesn’t have the right to tell a tenant to get rid of the dogs like that because legally, a dog is a tenant’s property. But, we know from experience that our manager is someone that can’t be reasoned with, so we agreed. It seemed easy to prevent this from happening again because it never happened in the past.

Last week, we had the chain lock on the door and left the door ajar to let in some fresh air. There was about 5”-6” opening, and to our amazement, both of my dogs wriggled past the crack and ran loose again (we had to reenact the scenario to believe that they really wriggled free instead of our failing to properly lock the chain lock—I left the door open with the chain lock on and pretended to be busy on my computer, and our dogs lined up on the door and started to ooze out again through the crack). Our manager came to our door and gave us three hours for us to send our dogs away. Again, he has no rights, and this was too short of a notice even if he had the rights. But, my wife and I are not the type of people that argue or confront other people. Just imagining such activities greatly stress us out, and since we had already verbally agreed to do so, we want to be responsible for our words also. So, we decided to look for some sitters.

Right now, they are at my wife’s friend’s place, but she is renting a house and the owner is bearing with it for now, but he isn’t happy with having dogs there, so we don’t have a lot of time.

We are looking for someone who will take care of our dogs until our lease is up at the end of February of 2014. They are pretty much maintenance-free dogs. All someone needs to do for them is feed them (we have the exact measurements and the measuring cup) once or twice a day and give them fresh water. We have all the bowls, and we’ll provide the dog food and the snacks for the duration of stay. We live in an apartment, and they always lived indoor with us, but the caretaker doesn’t have to do that. They are fine left in the yard. Most importantly, they are very pretty and friendly. :)

I am a restaurant-serving graduate student, and my wife doesn’t work because our baby is too young, so all we can offer is $70 or $80/month for both dogs. We really would like to offer more, but that’s the very best we can do at this time. If anyone doesn’t want to pick up the poops our dogs make, I will make weekly visits to pick them up (maybe more frequently if travel distance allows it and caretaker wants it).

Please help us out. We don’t want to let them go. They are family to us. If you can’t do this, please talk to someone who might be interested in doing this for us.

If you are interested, please send me an email with your location and housing situation, and I will get back to you.

Thank you for reading this.

Email:
DEGAR.I.RO@BIOLA.EDU
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 개인회원이 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This article is written by an individual, and the author is full responsible for its content. The viewer / reader is responsible for the judgments made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of the articles and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using the information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
댓글