잡 인터뷰의 완벽한 마무리 - Thank you letter 쓰기

글쓴이: TK8124  |  등록일: 05.28.2015 13:36:37  |  조회수: 8545
미국과 영국 등 영어권 국가의 취업/면접 문화는 한국에서와 다른 점이 많습니다. 그중 한 가지 두드러지는 특징인 면접 이후 ‘감사 편지'(Thank you letter or Thank you note_이하 Thank you letter로 표기)에 관해 알아보겠습니다.

0. Thank you letter?
Thank you letter는 사실 영미권 사회에선 취업뿐 아니라 일상생활에서 다양하게 쓰입니다. 각 상황에 맞는 Thank you letter 예시를 모아놓은 사이트도 운영되고 있을 정도지요. (바로가기)

1. Post-interview thank you letter
이번 글에서 집중하려는 것은 인터뷰 후 면접관에게 보내는 Thank you letter입니다. (Post-interview thank you letter)

보통 면접관에게 인터뷰 기회를 준 것에 대한 감사를 표하는 것이 내용의 기본을 이룹니다. 최종 합격시 하게 될 일과 그 회사에 관해 정말 흥미와 열정이 있다는 것을 다시 한 번 어필하는 기회가 되기도 합니다. 왜 여러분이 가장 적합한 지원자인지도 강조할 수 있겠지요.

미국 구인구직 사이트 ‘래더스‘의 조사 결과를 보면 설문에 참여한 미국 채용담당자의 75%가 ‘인터뷰 이후 Thank you letter가 채용 결정에 영향을 준다’고 답했습니다. 보내지 않을 이유가 없겠지요?

예전에는 종이에 펜으로 글을 써서 보내는 것이 정중함의 표현이라는 견해가 있었지만, 요즘은 이메일로 보내는 것이 훨씬 일반적입니다.

2. Samples
그럼 인터뷰 이후 보낼 수 있는 Thank you letter 예시를 살펴보겠습니다.

1) 가장 일반적인 형태

(출처: BusinessNewsDaily.com)

Good afternoon, [interviewer’s name],

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me yesterday about the [job title] position with [company name]. It was a pleasure meeting with you, and I truly enjoyed learning more about the role and the company.
After our conversation, I am confident that my skills and experiences are a great match for this opportunity. As we discussed, I believe my (background in / ability to) [skill or past job duty discussed in interview] will serve me well in [main job duty].

I am very enthusiastic about the possibility of joining the [company name] team and would greatly appreciate a follow-up as you move forward with the hiring process. If you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me by email at [email address] or by phone at[phone number]. Thanks again, and I hope to hear from you in the near future.

Best regards,

[Your name]

2) 인터뷰에서 나왔던 개인적인 이야기를 다시 언급하는 형식

(출처: thank-you-note-samples.com)

[interviewer’s name],

It was a pleasure to meet you this afternoon. I was impressed with your department’s energy and positive attitude. I would definitely enjoy being a part of that and know I could contribute even more creativity to your already cutting-edge group.

Good luck with the guitar lessons. I hope we get another chance to discuss music– I don’t often find people who like The Buzz as much as I do!

Best regards,

[Your name]

원본 바로가기: https://chattingcat.com/posts/thank-you-letter
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 개인회원이 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This article is written by an individual, and the author is full responsible for its content. The viewer / reader is responsible for the judgments made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of the articles and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using the information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
댓글