카테고리

Loan Modification not honored forced out of my home

글쓴이: 김원석  |  등록일: 02.20.2012 17:43:58  |  조회수: 446
Q: I went through a loan modification with my mortgage company back in Feb. of 2010.The original monthly payment was $1,528.00, which was reduced to $1297.97.The document was signed and notorized and faxed back to Sun Trust Mortgage.I continued to make the reduced mortgage payment but the harrassing calls and foreclosure notices kept coming.Every time I called Sun Trust, they assured me every thing is fine and that the Collection Dept. and the Loss Mitigation Dept. just needed time for the paper work to catch up.This went on for over ten months,I called every month asking when are my new payment coupons and statements arriving and always got the same answer; "We're working on finalizing the documents and you should be recieving a new payment coupon soon, in the mean time continue to make your payments." On Dec. 2010 my Mortgage was sold to Nation Star Mortgage and I was Assured Every thing would be just the same as before just a different name on the Payee.Nation Star Did not receive the loan mod. documents from Sun Trust And even though I sent several Fax at their request showing proof of the loan mod. and documents,they are denying they received the fax and demanding $16,000.00 in back payment/penalties.They are returning the house payments and set April 19,2011 as foreclosure and auction date for my house.How do I save my home? I really need your help PLEASE!!!

A: I will list a few options that you can exercise.
1. Reinstate the loan by paying the back payments. If you ask the bank, they might sugget a payment plan to catch up.
2. You can apply for another loan modification and hope that they accept your request since you still have a month left till the auction date.
3. Apply for a shortsale and live in your property for a few months more and receive $3000 as a moving allowance.
4. File bankruptcy to postpone the sale date, but this is a temporary option which will put you back to the same situation that you are in.
5. Ask for forebearance for your hardship. The bank can spread the penaties over the life of your loan and let you pay the monthly payment.
6. Foreclosure
If you want to understand each option and need help to find out which is best, contact me for further assistance. I wish you found an answer you were looking for. Thanks.

김원석 부동산 에이전트
Direct: 213-369-9087
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 494 건