무용 이야기

진 최

진 발레스쿨 원장

• 한국 무용교사협회 미지부 회장 미주예총이사
  • 한미무용연합회장

269. 네덜란드 국립발레단 “프리다 ” 리뷰 Review of the Dutch National Ballet “Frida

글쓴이: 발레리나  |  등록일: 07.18.2023 08:29:33  |  조회수: 851

이보다 더 슬픈 발레가 또 있을까? 예술의 힘은 참으로 위대하다. 내가 살면서 수 없는 발레공연을 보았고 작품을 만들고 무용워크숍, 공연도 하였지만, 이처럼 진한 감동을 받은 무용공연이 또 있었을까? 하고 생각해 본다. 예술은 현실을 초월하여 우리의 감정과 생각을 깊이 전달해 주는 힘이 있다.

올해 초 LA에서 초연하는 프리다칼로의 발레공연이 7월에 있다는 소식을 접한 후 발사모( 발레를 사랑하는 사람들의 모임) 팀은 티켙을 30개를 구입했고 “ 프리다 ” 워크숍을 통해 프리뷰강좌를 하였다. 공연을 보고 나서 발사모 헬레나 씨는 멋진 감상평을 써주었다. 한미무용연합회( KOA Dance Federation)는 뮤직 센터의 DANCE Extension(DANCEx) 프로그램에 선정되어 정식 등록된 단체로 모든 티켓의 DC와 함께 드레스 리허설을 관람할 수 있는 특별한 혜택을 받게 되었다. 공연날 뮤직센터 총책임자 소피아 디렉터를 만났고 앞으로도 저희 단체와 많은 협력관계를 해주시겠다고 하였다.

금요일 한 시 반부터 시작된 드레스 리허설에는 150여 명 정도의 관객이 초대되었다. 한눈에 보아도 칼럼이스트, 비평가. 신문기자, 무용가등 모두들 이번공연에 관련이 있는 전문가 사람들이었다. 이층 중앙 로얄석의 특별한 자리에서 볼 수 있는 기회를 가졌다. 드레스 리허설은 실제 공연과 똑같이 모든 것이 진행되었다. 중간 20분의 인터미션시간까지 정확히 지킨다. 리허설이 아니라 실제공연과 똑같다. 마지막 커튼콜할 때 선생이 마이크로 한 댄서에게 업스테이지로 조금 이동하라는 이야기가 전부다. 내가 상상했던 리허설과 전혀 다른 광경이 펼쳐졌다. 참으로 놀라운 특별한 경험이었다. 내가 그동안 했던 무용공연 리허설은 어떠했던가? 리허설 중간에 음악을 끄고 학생들의 자리 배치를 하고 조명 색깔 찾고 그제야 순서가 틀린 것을 다시 연습하고 가르치고 마쳐보면서 정신없이 허둥되었던 나의 지난 수많은 리허설을 상상했는데 예상은 전혀 달랐다. 역시 준비된 프로페셔널 발레단은 다르다.

프리다 칼로를 생각하면 나는 항상 이 말이 먼저 떠오른다. “ 그럼에도 불구하고 ” 6살 때 소아마비 판정을 받고, 18살 때 척추를 다치는 자동차 사고, 36번의 수술, 다리의 절단, 남편 디에고 리베라의 미련한 사랑 삶 자체가 상처와 고통이었고, 47세 폐렴으로 삶을 마감한 기구한 운명의 여자였다. 그럼에도 불구하고 프리다는 자신만의 독특한 예술적 세계를 그림으로 강인한 삶의 의지를 표현하고 바꾸어 나가며, 이를 통해 자아성찰과 치유를 이루어냈다. 프리다가 우리에게 전하는 메시지는 백 년이 지난 지금도 진한 감동과 함께 예술의 위대함을 알려 주어 멕시코  회폐에도 나올 만큼 전 세계적으로 사랑받고 있다. 처음 프리다의 그림을 접하면 첫인상은 섬뜻하고 그로테스크하다. 그러나 “ 나는 초현실주의자가 아니라 나의 현실을 그린다.”라고 말했던 그녀를 알고 이해하면 이보다 더 사실적이고 감동적인 그림은 없을 것이다.

평생을 침대에 보낸 그녀의 슬픈 삶을 네덜란드 발레단이 발레로 몸 짓으로만으로 스토리 텔링하여 그림이 지닌 상징성을 찾아내어 전개 표현이 가능하다는 것이 더욱 경이로운 일이다. 프리다가 움직이는 데 어려움을 겪을 수 있지만, 그녀의 고독과 상처를 춤을 통해 표현이 가능했다.

플래시 백으로 시작되는 첫 장면부터 커다란 검은 상자의 움직임, 지나기는 철재 자동차, 침대를 세워 프레임을 만들고 그 속에서 빠져 나오지 못하고 프리다의 고통의 움직임, 반복되는 심 장 뛰는 소리의 음악, 구슬픈 애환의 노랫소리, 떨어지는 29개의 빨간 밧줄, 10명의 남자댄서의 내면의 또 다른 프리다 자아 사슴등 모든 소품과 의상이 슬픔 생애와는 달리 대조적으로 화려하여 어두운 내용을 지루하지 않게 변신시킨다. 사랑, 질투, 분노, 절망 등 다양한 감정을 로페즈 오초아(Lopez Ochoa)의 안무에 의해 재 창조 되었다. 공연의 음악, 조명, 무대 디자인, 그리고 의상은 뛰어난 예술적 감각을 보여주었다. 이들의 조화로운 결합은 관객에게 깊은 감동을 전달했고, 프리다 칼로의 예술과 삶의 이야기를 효과적으로 전달했다.

나는 이번 공연 보고 수많은 생각과 함께 지금의 나의 삶이 얼마나 감사한 생활인지 프리다를 통해 알게 해 주었다. 마음이 찡하다. Viva la Vida 비바 라비다 (인생이여, 만세.…)

www.koadance.org www.balletjean.com

한미무용연합회. 진발레스쿨

3727 West. 6th Street #607. LA CA 90020

Tel: 323-428-4429

1055. Jean Choi's Dance Story 

Review of the Dutch National Ballet "Frida"

Could there be a sadder ballet than this? The power of art is truly magnificent. Throughout my life, I have seen countless ballet performances, created works, and participated in dance workshops and performances. But I wonder if there has ever been a dance performance that touched me as deeply as this one. Art has the power to transcend reality and deeply convey our emotions and thoughts.

Earlier this year, after hearing the news that the ballet performance based on Frida Kahlo would premiere in LA in July, our ballet enthusiasts group, the "Balsamo" team, purchased 30 tickets and conducted a "Frida" workshop as a preview course. After the performance, Helena, a member of Balsamo, wrote a wonderful review. The KOA Dance Federation, a registered organization with the DANCE Extension (DANCEx) program at the Music Center, was selected and received a special benefit of being able to observe the dress rehearsal along with all the tickets' DC (discount code). On the day of the performance, we met Sophia, the director of the Music Center, and she promised to continue collaborating with our organization.

Around 150 invited guests, including columnists, critics, journalists, and dancers, were present at the dress rehearsal, which started at 1:30 p.m. It was an opportunity to witness the performance from a special seat in the central royal box on the second floor. The dress rehearsal proceeded exactly like the actual performance, even following the precise 20-minute intermission. The only difference was that at the final curtain call, the instructor told one dancer to move slightly backstage with the microphone. It was a truly astonishing and unique experience. As I imagined how my countless past dance rehearsals were, it was completely different from what I had expected. Prepared professional ballet companies are indeed different.

When I think of Frida Kahlo, one phrase always comes to mind first: "Nevertheless." Despite being diagnosed with polio at the age of 6, suffering a spinal injury in a car accident at 18, undergoing 36 surgeries, having her leg amputated, and experiencing the lingering love of her husband Diego Rivera, her life itself was full of wounds and pain. Nevertheless, Frida created her unique artistic world, expressing her strong will in life and achieving self-reflection and healing through it. The message Frida conveys to us still resonates deeply, showcasing the greatness of art and being loved worldwide even after a hundred years. When you first encounter Frida's paintings, they may appear warm and grotesque. However, once you understand and empathize with her statement, "I paint my own reality, not surrealism," you will realize that no other paintings can be more realistic and moving than hers.

It is truly remarkable that the Dutch National Ballet, through ballet movements alone, can find the symbolism contained within Frida's paintings and present them in a narrative form, despite her sad life spent mostly in bed. Despite the difficulty Frida faced in her movements, her loneliness and wounds were expressed through dance.

From the opening scene starting with a flash of light, the movements of a large black box, passing steel cars, the construction of a frame with a standing bed, and the immersive depiction of Frida's pain within it, the music with the rhythmic sound of a racing heart, the melancholic singing voice, the dropping of 29 red ropes, and the inner selves of 10 male dancers representing different aspects of Frida—all the props and costumes transform the dark content into a contrasting brilliance, preventing it from becoming monotonous. Through the choreography by Lopez Ochoa, various emotions such as love, jealousy, anger, and despair were recreated. The performance showcased exceptional artistic sensibilities in the music, lighting, stage design, and costumes. The harmonious combination of these elements deeply moved the audience and effectively conveyed Frida Kahlo's art and life story.

Watching this performance, I realized how grateful my current life is, accompanied by numerous thoughts. It tugs at my heart. Viva la Vida!

https://blog.naver.com/anaiswilde/223158053970   헬레나 씨의 리뷰   볼로그

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 327 건
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 다음