• 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

대화 통하는 상대 원한다면 정치성향도 따져라

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 10.22.2014 19:47:33  |  조회수: 7186

대화 통하는 상대 원한다면 정치성향도 따져라

이성을 소개받을 정치성향을

물어보는

30 중반의 J씨는 요즘 보기 드문 사람입니다. 뭔가 특이한 점이 있느냐고요? 정치에 관심이 많다는 것입니다. 하루하루 상사 눈치 보고, 월급날 기다리면서 사는 평범한 직장인인 듯하지만, 정치적 이슈나 사회문제에 대한 생각이 뚜렷하고, 필요하다면 참여도 한다네요.

요즘 투표율이 낮아서 걱정이라는데, J씨는 성인이 투표를 적이 번도 없습니다. 심지어 지역 보궐선거도 월차를 내고 투표를 정도라니 보기 드문 사람이라는 말에 공감하실 겁니다.

정치성향이 뚜렷한 것까지는 좋은데, 그로 인해 연애전선은 흐림입니다. 로맨틱한 대화를 해야 여성들이 호감을 가질텐데, 한다는 얘기가 남북관계가 어떻고, 종북 정치인이 어떻고, 이러고 있으니 만남에 진전이 있을 리가 없지요.

그래서 그는 이성을 소개받을 정치성향을 물어봅니다. 어떤 사람은 취미가 같은 상대를 만나고 싶어 하듯이 그는 정치성향이 비슷하거나 최소한 이해하는 사람, 부분에 대한 대화가 통하는 사람을 만나고 싶어 하기 때문인데요.

하지만 고향이 어디고, 취미는 뭐고, 이런 얘기는 뻔하고 식상하다고 하면서도 계속 하는데, 정치 얘기는 말문을 떼는 순간 상대는 싫증을 냅니다. 심지어 자신이 마음에 들어서 그러느냐고 기분 나빠하는 사람도 있었습니다. 그런 그를 남들은 특이하다고 하지만, 그는 오히려 그렇게 말하는 사람들이 이상하다고 합니다.

남녀관계에서 정치성향이 어떤지

확인해봐야 하는 이유

남녀관계에서 정치성향은 어느 정도 중요할까요?

남성 1: 같은성향의 사람끼리 만나는 , 이른바 진영연애라고 하는데, 정치성향을 갖는 것은 좋지만, 너무 성향이 같으면 한쪽으로 치우쳐서 어려운 점도 있을 같다.

여성 1: 종교를 광적으로 믿어서 결국 이혼까지 커플을 봤는데, 정치성향도 너무 강하면 부작용이 있다. 적당한 선에서, 예를 들어 투표 하는 정도면 알맞지 않을까? 최소한 선거 날을 놀러가는 날로 생각하는 사람만 아니면 같은데.

남성 2: 정치에는 관심이 없는 편인데, 예전에 소개받은 여자가 투표 한다고 달라지느냐면서 자기는 번도 투표한 적이 없다는 말을 당당하게 하는 보고 사람이 달라보였다. 생각 없는 사람처럼 보였다고 할까?

여성 2: 정치성향이 강한 사람들은 상대를 가르치려고 하더라. 성향이 다르면 서로 대화하면서 이해를 해야 하는데, 무조건 자기가 옳다고 고집을 피운다. 정치 얘기는 과열된다. 그래서 나는 정치성향 없는 사람이 좋다.

남성 3: 종교가 있는 사람은 자신과 종교가 같지 않다면 아예 무교인 사람과 결혼하는 낫다. 정치성향도 마찬가지다. 성향이 다른 사람보다 아예 모르는 사람과 만나야 한다. 종교나 정치나 서로 다르면 대화가 통한다. 평생 대화하고 살아야 하는데, 통하면 결국 끝장난다. 그래서 결혼할 정치성향을 확인하는 필요하다고 본다.

여성 3: 정치성향이 다르다는 것은 이념이 다르고, 추구하는 가치가 다르다는 뜻이다. 성향이 다르면 벽보고 얘기하는 것과 똑같다. 종교는 마음이 관장하는 것이라서 그런지, 서로 달라도 얘기가 되는데, 정치는 머리로 이해하는 것이라 머리에 박히면 빼내기 힘들다. 고로 나같이 정치에 관심 없는 사람은 역시 마찬가지인 남자를 만나야 한다.

서로 맞고 어울리는 커플은 소위 스펙이라는 것이 비슷한 것이 아니라 대화가 통하는 것입니다. 추구하는 삶의 목표가 비슷하거나 관심사가 비슷하거나 혹은 종교 같은 활동을 같이 있거나 하는 것입니다.

요즘은 다들 자기 주관이 뚜렷한 세대인데, 정치성향도 그렇더라고요. 서로 소통할 있는 단계이면 좋은데, 두드러지는 정도이면 대화가 어려울 수도 있습니다. 정치성향을 가진 사람을 만나라는 것이 아니라 이왕이면 성향이 어떤지 확인하면 좋을 같습니다.

Politics and Romance

Guys asking about their date’s political view

Mr. J is in his mid-30s and you may find him a bit peculiar.  So, what about him?  He has a lot of interest in politics.  Although he is only a regular office guy making modest living month-to-month, he is certainly full with his own opinions on many political and social issues.  At times, he takes part in those activities, also.  

He never missed one single voting, electoral or anything, central, local, etc.  Well, nothing wrong with it.  But, one spinoff, a bad one, is that he keeps being dumped by women because of his excessive love for politics

Every time he goes out with a woman, all he wants to talk about is national security, relations with N. Korea, politicians’ stories, etc. 

Every time he is introduced to a woman, he wants to make sure about her political propensity.  He certainly wants a girl sharing his interests in politics, or at least someone who can understand him like this. 

He is bored with usual topics such as, hobbies, hometown, etc.  But the moment, the conversation turns to political issues, his eyes suddenly lighten up and he enjoys the talk every bit of it.  The problem is his date starts get bored as their dialogue starts circling around politics.  Some people call him peculiar, and some others say about him being too much.

Political View matters in Relationship?..

So, we asked a few single men and women about their thought on this.

Man 1:  Dating a person with similar political view -- we call it “camp romance.”  While it is okay to share a similar political interest, it would be too much of it if both share the same unilateral view, therefore they may be tilted too deep to one side together.

Woman 1:  I know a couple who got divorced over a religion problem.   Having a political voice is okay, but too much of anything can’t be good.  How about having a moderate rule between them to a certain limit i.e. making sure to take part in voting, etc. and no further? 

Man 2: I am not a fan of politics.  But I met a girl who was proudly saying she never participated in voting in her life, saying nothing is going to change after all whether you vote or not.  Well, I thought this woman sucks.  She was a total turnoff. 

Woman 2: Usually those with strong political view try to lecture others.  You are supposed to accept differences of others and engage in conversation.  But those kind claim only they are right and everyone else is wrong!  I am not fond of a political person.

Man 3:  If you got a religion, you’d rather date a person with no religion, not someone belonging to another religion.  The same goes for politics.  I’d marry someone with no political/religious affiliation, rather than somebody having different political view and religion, so I don’t end up in a tragic marriage where there is no communication at all.

Woman 3: Different political view means different way of thinking and value system.  If you try a conversation with someone with different propensity, it’d be like talking to a wall.  Once a certain political view is engraved in your thought, it is hard to undo it.  Therefore, I, being a non-political type, would be better off seeing a guy of my kind, non-political guy. 

A fine couple means one with good communication flow between each other, rather than one sharing similar ‘spec’, i.e. wealth, education, etc.  When you share a similar interest, or purpose in life, or a religion, you stand a good chance of getting along in happy marriage. 

These days, people tend to have clear voice of their own in every aspect of life, including politics.  So, wouldn’t it be better to check your date’s political view, you know, just for the sake of smooth-sailing relationship…

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건