결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

사랑과 우정 사이, 당신은 어느 쪽

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 12.29.2013 18:13:43  |  조회수: 15402
사랑과 우정 사이, 당신은 어느 쪽?

혹시 가깝게 지내는 이성친구 있나요? 있다면 그 사람이 동성 친구만큼 편한가요, 아님 조금 신경쓰이나요? 자꾸 신경쓰이는 이성친구가 있다면 같이 생각 좀 해보지요.

30대 중반의 직장인 U씨는 무척 친한 여자 동료가 있습니다. 둘은 입사 동기이고, 동아리 활동도 같이 하면서 가깝게 지낸 지 5년이 되었답니다. 처음에는 둘 다 애인이 있어서 사심없이 커플끼리도 만나고 연애상담도 했다고 하네요.

그러다가 우연히도 비슷한 시기에 애인과 헤어지고 서로 아픔을 달래주고, 싱글의 외로움을 서로 달래주고, 그러다 보니 주변에서 잘해보라고 등을 떠미는 중이랍니다. 처음에는 서로 볼 것, 안볼 것 다 보고, 그래서 신비감도 없고, 이성으로서 설레임도 없는데, 무슨 연애냐며 펄쩍 뛰었다는군요. 또 한가지 이유는 사귀다가 만약 잘 안되면 예전처럼 잘 지낼 수 있을까, 그러다가 좋은 친구 하나 잃어버리는 건 아닐까, 하는 고민도 있습니다.

여러분이라면 어떤 선택을 하실까요?

여성1: 서로 호감이 있으니까 만나는 거 아닌가? 이성으로서 매력이 없다면, 정말 동성 친구 같기만 하다면 남녀가 그렇게 만나기는 어렵다.
남성1: 좋은 관계였는데, 애인 되었다가 죽도, 밥도 안된 경우 봤다.

여성2: 난 남자로 본 적이 없는 오랜 친구가 갑자기 사귀자고 해서 너무 당황스러웠다. 상대는 혹 기대를 하고 있을지 모르니, 정말 이성으로서 마음이 없다면 선을 그어주는 것이 그에 대한 배려이고, 우정을 오래 간직하는 것이다.
남성2: 지금은 서로가 싱글이라서 만나는 거지, 어느 한쪽에게 애인이 생기면 자연스럽게 관계가 정리될 것이다. 그것이 남자와 여자가 친구가 될 수 없는 이유다.

여성3: 새로 사귀는 것보다 오랜 친구가 낫지 않을까, 해서 어떻게 엮어볼 생각을 할 수도 있는데, 그런 관계에서 좋아하는 마음은 자연스럽게 생기는 거지, 억지로 되는 건 아닌 것 같다.
남성3: 짧지 않은 세월을 그렇게 잘 지냈다면 난 가능성이 있다고 본다. 편안한 사이니까 한번 질러보는 건 어떨까? 너 남자 없으면 나한테 와라, 아니면 말고.. 뭐 이렇게 농담 반, 진담 반 의사 타진해보는 건 어떨까?

여성4: 난 오랫동안 서서히 쌓아온 정이 불꽃처럼 타다가 사그라드는 사랑보다 낫다는 생각을 한다.

지금 사랑과 우정 사이에서 고민하고 있다면 서로의 감정을 확인해서 어떤 쪽으로든 정리하는 게 최선이고요. 그렇지 않다면, 연애하는 데 걸림돌이 되지 않는다면, 이성친구 한 명쯤 옆에 있는 것도 나쁘지 않다는 생각을 해요. 이성에 대해 이해를 잘하니 언젠가 연애할 때 도움이 되고, 동성 친구만으로는 충분하지 않는 어떤 상황에서 어깨를 빌릴 수도 있는 존재가 이성친구입니다.

20131227.JPG

Love or Friendship, That is the Question…

Do you have a friend of other sex?  Are you comfortable with she-friend, as much as your buddy friends?  Or, are you somewhat…?  If you got a she-friend and you feel a mixed feeling about her, then come to think of it.

U’ is a man in mid-30s.  He is close with a woman colleague.  They started working in the office at the same time, and it has been about 5 years now that they’ve stayed together, and are involved in the same hobby activity group.  They had their own girl friend and boy friend, and the four of them got along pretty good, and so forth.

Coincidentally, it so happened they broke up in their respective relationship at about the same time, too.  And their mutual friends are nudging them to start a relationship in a whole new level, since both of them are now solos and trying to get over with their previous failed relationship.   At first, he retorted saying it was NOT an option, because there’s none that is mystique and romantic about his feeling for her.  Also, he is rather afraid if his romantic approach doesn’t work out, he may lose a long-time friendship with her.

What would you do if you were in his shoes?

Woman 1: I guess they have some feelings toward each other.  That’s why they stay with each other.  Otherwise, they wouldn’t be hanging out together that long.
Man 1: I saw people, starting with good friendship, becoming into a relationship, and ending up in a mess.

Woman 2: I had a long-time guy friend.  One day, he suddenly confessed me and suggested having a relationship.  I was dumbfounded and was not exactly happy.  If he is really not into her as a girl friend, he’d better make this clear to her in a subtle way, so their friendship is preserved and nobody’s feeling gets hurt.
Man 2:  They keep meeting because both of them are currently not attached to somebody else.  Once one of them finds a new relationship, this issue will take care of itself in time.  This is why a guy and a woman cannot be real friends.

Woman 3: Wouldn’t it be better to keep an old friend, rather than finding someone new?  If a romantic feeling happens between them, it’s a good thing.  Unless you force it to happen…
Man 3:  I see a possibility here, since they got along with each other for a long time.  Why doesn’t he just test the water?  He may try and tell her – no serious tone here – that “If you have nobody, just take me as your boy friend.  If you say no, that’s fine by me…”

Woman4: I value steady, long-lived affection better than a burning passion. 

If they are straddling between love and friendship, the best thing to do now is to clarify their feelings – is it a love, or what?  Also, if their ambiguous relationship doesn’t  actually interfere with their searching for real relationship, it wouldn’t be bad to keep a friend of other gender, I guess.  For, once they finally get their real romance partner, they may help each other in understanding their respective partner.  This kind of friendship can do things that your same-gender friend cannot offer.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건