결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

버려야 할 한가지가 있다면

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 12.01.2013 22:34:41  |  조회수: 6502
버려야 할 한가지가 있다면?

흔히 결혼상대를 찾을 때 상대에게 원하는 조건을 먼저 생각합니다. 나이는 몇 살 차이, 직업은 이렇고, 학교는 저렇고, 집안은 이래야 하고, 외모는 좋을수록..예전 여자 아이들이 갖고 놀던 종이인형에 마음에 드는 옷을 붙이듯이 이성상을 완성합니다.

대개 이런 말을 하지요. “적어도 이 만큼은..” 결혼이 얼마나 중요한데, 많이 생각하고, 또 갖춰야 할 조건을 먼저 찾게 되는 건 당연합니다.

그런데요..만남에서적어도..”라는 마음을 갖는 이상은 인연 찾기가 참 어려워 보입니다.
이건 어떨까요? 버려야 할 것도 생각해보는 겁니다. 상대에게 100가지를 원한다는 게 그 100가지를 다 갖춰야 한다는 건 아니잖아요? 그렇다면 다른 조건에 비해 비교적 중요하지 않은 것들을 하나씩 버려보세요.

여러분들은 어떤 것을 버릴 수 있으세요?

여자1: 나도 웬만큼 갖춘 사람이기에 좋은 사람 만나야 한다는..,일종의 보상심리를 먼저 버려야 하지 않을까?
남자1: 남자들만 나이 따지는 게 아니고, 여자들도 나이 1, 2살도 따지는 거 많이 봤는데, 1-2살을 갖고 까다로운 건 참 비생산적이고, 비과학적인 것 같다.

여자2: 한번의 선택에 내 남은 인생이 달려있는데, 따지지 않는 게 이상하다. , 내가 원하는 것을 포기한다는 생각보다는 단지 지금 없을 뿐이고 언젠가는 갖게 될 사람을 찾는다는 생각을 하면 좋겠다.
남자2: 내가 정말 중요하게 생각하는 것을 먼저 생각해보고, 그 나머지 것들 중에 버릴 것을 찾는 거다. 내 경우는 인성이 가장 중요하고, 예의바른 사람이면 좋겠다. 그런 내면을 갖춘 사람이라면 다른 부분이 좀 부족해도 만날 수 있을 것 같다.

여자3: 나이가 찬 사람들은 새로 시작하는 것을 두려워한다. 그동안 실패했기 때문에 더이상은 아프고 싶지 않아서다. 우선 그 두려움을 떨쳐야 한다.
남자3: 주변 사람 눈치 보는 마음을 버려야 한다. 가벼운 만남이 아니다 보니 부모님 말씀도 들어야 하고, 친구들도 훈수를 한다. 내 행복은 내가 찾는 거니까 지나친 간섭에서 벗어나는 게 중요할 것 같다.

여자4: 나한테 상대를 맞추려는 태도. 나이들수록 자기 세계가 견고해져서 그 틀 안에다 모든 것을 넣으려고 한다. 하지만 상대 역시 그럴 것인데, 그렇다면 만나는 것이 얼마나 힘들 것인가?
남자4: 맛있는 사과부터 먼저 먹는 사람은 끝까지 맛있는 사과만 먹게 된다. 좋은 점도 많은데, 하필 단점부터 보는 부정적인 자세는 정말 안좋다. 그런 시각으로는 세상 모든 사람이 "00는 별로인 사람..”이 된다.

여자5: 난 외모를 버리겠다. 못생긴 사람 만나도 결혼식 30분만 참으면 된다고 하지 않나? 근데 목소리는 좋아야 한다.
남자5: 외모와 가정환경은 개인 의지로는 어쩔 수 없는 부분이다. 나는 학벌, 연봉, 스타일 등으로 얼마나 성실하게 살아왔고, 자기 관리를 잘했느냐를 보고, 나머지는 참고사항이다.

You can’t have them all…

When single people look for their future spouse, they keep their expectation high on their spouse-to-be, i.e. right age, right job, right education, right family background, etc… just like little girls putting on paper dresses onto their paper dolls to create an ideal one they want.

Singles usually say this, “my would-be spouse should have 'at least…something.'  Yes, well understood.  Marriage is one of the MOST IMPORTANT things in life.  You have to give it a lot of thoughts, and it is not wrong to be picky.  But, as long as you insist on the 'AT LEAST' mentality, it is really hard to start a relationship.  Let’s think this way!  I mean, why don't we think of ways to trim down on the list of expectation on our future spouse.  Say, we expect him/her to possess all 100 points.  But, why don't we make a compromise.  Instead of looking for all 100 qualities,   why don't we take some less important ones off the list.  If so, what qualities can you give up?

Woman 1: I believe I am a fairly fine woman all around, so I expect my spouse to be at least as good as I am.  But... I guess I've got to get rid of this 'get even' mentality.
Man 1: I know some guys are picky about women's age.  But some women are the same, also.  They are making big deals about 1-2 years' age difference, and… frankly speaking, they are silly and ridiculous.

Woman 2: My whole life depends on this ONE decision.  So, why shouldn't I be picky and choosy? A relationship may not happen right now, but I will keep looking, not give up on what I require!
Man 2: I will sort out what is really important for me first, and may consider making compromises on the rest.  What I can't give up is 'good, courteous character.'  If I can find a woman with fine character and good heart, I probably may give in on other qualities.

Woman 3: The older you get, the more scared you are in starting a relationship.  You don't want to suffer again from a wrong start.  So, you must overcome this fear, to begin with.
Man 3: You should be free from others' judgmental eyes.  Sometimes you get opinions from your folks, and at times your friends have some advice for you, too.  After all, it is my life, my happiness.  So, you should be free from others' excessive intervention.

Woman 4: The older you are, the more stubborn you get.  You try to force other people to fit into your own world.  But, the other person is trying the same on you, too.  What a rough relationship is it going to be!
Man 4:  You pick a delicious apple at first, and you will keep getting only crispy-sweet apples.  There are myriads of merits in a person.  So, why focusing on shortcomings?  This way, no one on earth would not be good enough in your eyes.

Woman 5: I am going to give up on 'good look.'  You may put up with only a couple of hours in wedding ceremony, and an ugly guy may not turn out to be a bad husband after all.  But, I don't want to compromise on 'men’s sweet voice.’ 
Man 5: The look and family background are something you are born with.  It has nothing to do with your own endeavor.  I check on schooling, annual salary and personal style, for they are the barometer of how earnest and diligent living a person has lived so far.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건