• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

당신의 사생활, 그것이 알고 싶다!

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 10.13.2013 19:28:07  |  조회수: 8118
당신의 사생활, “그것이 알고 싶다!”

“왜 자꾸 남의 핸드폰을 보는 건데...지금 나 의심하는 거야?”
결국 그녀의 남자친구가 소리를 지릅니다. 29세의 직장여성 Y씨는 애인이 생기면 시시콜콜 모든 것을 다 알고 싶어합니다. 요즘엔 핸드폰이 전화기 이상의 기능을 하다 보니 그녀는 습관적으로 그의 핸드폰을 열어봅니다. 굳이 뭘 확인하겠다기보다는 그가 누구랑 통화하고, 어떻게 하루를 보내는지가 궁금한 겁니다.

그녀는 그것이 자신만의 사랑방식이라고 하지만, 그의 입장에서는 사실 기분이 나쁩니다. 궁금하면 그냥 물어보면 될 것을, 왜 핸드폰을 자기 것 마냥 보느냐는 거지요. 못 믿어서 그러는 거 아니냐는 그의 말도 틀린 건 아니고요.

30대 중반의 A씨는 20대 때는 애인이 나이트 가서 부킹하는 것까지 허용을 했답니다. 물론 몰래 가는 것은 안되고요. 자기가 가기 싫다고 애인까지 못 가게 하는 것도 그렇고, 꼭 그런 데 간다고 나쁜 짓을 하는 것도 아니라는 거지요.

하지만 나이가 들어서 되돌아보니 자신의 그런 자유분방함이 상대를 자극하고, 일탈하는 기회를 준 게 아닌가 싶기도 하답니다. “너는 나만 바라봐라..”차라리 이랬다면 조금 답답할지는 몰라도 서로에게 더 충실했을 수도 있다는 생각이 들었다는군요.

사생활에 대한 남녀의 생각을 들어봤습니다.
남성1 : 남자가 여자에게 핸드폰 안보여주는 이유는 분명하다. 다른 여자와 주고 받은 문자, 사진이 있는 경우, 애칭으로 다른 여자 번호가 저장되어 있는 경우, 술집 업소 이름이 써있는 경우이다. 뭔가 감출 게 있으니까 안보여주는 거다.
여성1 : 내가 싫은 것은 상대도 싫어한다. 나는 남자가 지나치게 나에 대해 알려고 하면 조금은 무서워질 것 같다. 집착하는 것 같아서.

남성2 : 아무리 사랑하는 사이라도 내가 그 사람의 100%를 차지한다고 생각하는 건 욕심이다. 각자 생활은 인정해주고, 함께 있을 때는 서로 잘해주고, 이러는 게 최선 아닌가? 나 안보는 데서 뭘 하는지까지 알려고 하면 의부증, 의처증 된다.
여성2 : 도덕적으로 문제가 되지 않는다면 비밀이나 사생활은 인정해주는 게 맞다. 아무리 가까워도 감추고 싶은 건 있을 수 있으니까. 하지만 거짓말은 절대 안된다. 그건 믿음을 깨는 것이다.

남성3 : 서로에 대해 모두 다 알 수는 없다. 모르는 부분은 추측하지 않는 게 중요하다. 예전에 학원강사 한 적이 있는데, 학원은 주말이 바쁜데, 여친은 내가 양다리 걸치는 걸로 오해한 적이 있다. 나를 못믿어주면 화가 나는 게 아니라 정이 떨어진다. 그래서 헤어졌다.
여성3 : 남자와 여자의 차이가 있다. 여자는 다 알고 싶어한다. 의심해서가 아니라 작은 거 하나까지 확인하고 싶어한다. 그것이 남자한테 집착이다, 의심한다, 이런 오해를 주는 것 같다.

교제 커플들을 보면 사생활 문제로 갈등을 겪는 경우가 의외로 많습니다. 하지만 각자의 생활이 있고, 그 안에서 갖게 되는 인간관계가 있는데, 어느 정도는 사생활을 인정해야 하지 않을까, 싶기도 합니다. 누구 말대로 서로에게 100%가 될 수는 없으니까요.

20131011.JPG

I wanna know your privacy!!

Why do you keep looking into my cellphone?!... Are you suspecting me, or what?...”
Her boyfriend screams at last.  ‘Y’ is a 29-year-old career woman, and she wants to know every nook and corner of her boyfriend.  She’s got this habit of looking into her date’s cellphone.  She isn’t looking for something in particular.  She’s only curious how his day went, whom he called, where he went, and so forth…

She insists this is a way of expressing love and care, but her boyfriend is not pleased with it.  If she is curious, she could simply ask, without tampering with his phone.  It’s an act of total distrust, he complains.

A,’ a guy in mid 30s, used to allow his girlfriend to have fun at night clubs without him in his 20s.  He thought, because he didn’t like night clubs, it wouldn’t be fair for his girlfriend to be denied the night club funs.

Now in his 30s, he regrets that he actually encouraged her to get away from him by being so liberal about it.  Probably, he would not have broken up with her if he demanded her to only fixate upon him.  That might have been rather old-fashioned, but at least that way they could’ve been faithful to each other.

Let’s hear from men and women some thoughts on privacy.

Man 1: If a guy doesn’t allow his girlfriend to look into his cellphone, there must be a reason why not, i.e. texting with other girls, photos of other women, something to hide, etc.
Woman 1: If I don’t like it, and the other doesn’t like it for sure.  You’d be scared if your boyfriend wants to get every detail in your life.  Sounds like an obsession…

Man 2:  No matter how you love your partner, you can’t own the other entirely.  You should accept the other’s privacy and love each other within the relationship.  If you want to know his/her life beyond the relationship, that is morbid suspicion.  
Woman 2: It is correct to acknowledge the other’s privacy unless there’s something unethical about it.  No matter how close you are with each other, there are things you want to keep it to yourself.  But, they shouldn’t lie.  No lies!  It will destroy trust between two.

Man 3: You can’t know everything about each other, and you don’t need to.  Also, don’t guess.  You shouldn’t speculate on what you do not know.  I was once an instructor at a private institute.  Instructors are busiest over weekends.  But my girlfriend at that time suspected me of meeting another girl.  When your girlfriend distrusts me, it doesn’t make me mad, but it destroys the love I have for her.  So, we broke up. 
Woman 3: There’s a difference between men and women.  Women want to know everything, not because of distrust, but because they care.  This might be mistaken as obsession, suspicion, etc.

Many couples have their own privacy issue.  Every person has his/her own privacy, and we may need to respect that even in exclusive relationship.  After all, you cannot and should not own another individual entirely.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건