작성일 : 01/24/2014 06:08 pm
[민법] security deposit return
조회 : 7,079
안녕하세요. Security deposit을 돌려 받는 과정 중에 landlord와의 문제로 인하여 법적으로 어떤 부분들이 틀렸는지 알고 싶어서 올려 보게 되었습니다. 과정에 있어서 모든 e-mail들과 서류 copy들은 다 가지고 있습니다. 1년 계약으로 살던 집에서 계약이 끝나던 달에 재계약을 안 하고 이사를 나가기 전까지만 month-to-month로 지불을 하며 살기로 한 상황에서 일어난 과정들 입니다. 답변 주시면 정말 감사하겠습니다!
1. 30days notice: on November 22, 2013, I as the monthly tenant sent the landlord a notice to vacate which makes the official move-out/rent payment date up until December 21, 2013.
2. Last payment: on November 29, 2013, I wrote and sent the last payment to the landlord
3. Move-out: on December 15, 2013, I moved out and the leasing agent of the landlord’s property confirmed the property condition as well. She wrote to the landlord, "She left the place in good clean condition with no visible damage".
4. Security deposit: on January 04, 2014, I did not receive my security deposit $5,000.00 + key security deposit $50.00. Under California law, landlord is required to return tenant’s deposit and/or send an accounting of any portion withheld within 21 days after the date of vacate.
5. E-mail notice: on January 22, 2014, I sent an e-mail to the landlord requesting an immediate action regarding the deposit return.
6. E-mail reply: on January 23, 2014, I received an e-mail reply, “Your refund check went in the mail last Tuesday”, which means that the check must have any date written no later than January 14, 2014.
7. Received deposit: on January 24, 2014, I received a mail in an envelope postmarked by Westchester, NY on January 21, 2014. Inside the envelope, there was a single check written for me of $4,160.00 from the landlord written on January 19, 2014. According to the landlord, he has deducted the “remaining balance” from security deposit. He says I am a monthly tenant so my payment must cover up until the end of December, 2013. As I have said, I gave him a 30days notice as requested on November 22, 2013 meaning that I am only responsible for the payment up until December 21, 2013.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 개인회원과 해당 전문가가 직접 작성, 답변 한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다.
라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다.
The answers / comments presented here are based on the actual law enforcement, legal knowledge, and interpretation of the lawyers and experts given as precisely as possible, however, one should not take assurance of it fully. No responsibility is assumed for Radio Korea in the result of using the information. Each questioner should seek and collect different opinions as many as possible and make his or her final judgment.