결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

당신의 결혼을 새롭게 설계하세요

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 03.16.2014 22:31:10  |  조회수: 7060
당신의 결혼을 새롭게 설계하세요

32세의 L씨는 이성교제를 시작한 대학 1학년때부터 나이차가 나는 남성들을 좋아했다고 합니다. 대학 때는 7-8살 차이 나는 연애를 했다는데요. 본인이 20대에는 나이가 좀 많은 남성들도 2-30대이니 괜찮았는데, 30대에 들어서도 여전히 나이 많은 남성을 선호하다 보니 만남의 기회가 적다고 하네요.

왜 그렇게 나이 많은 남성이 좋으냐고 했더니 편견인지는 몰라도 남성들이 나이차이 나는 경우와 그렇지 않는 경우에 여성을 대하는 태도가 다른 것 같다고 합니다. 구체적으로 말하자면 나이가 어리면 보호본능이나 책임감을 느껴서내가 널 책임질게..”이러는데, 나이가 비슷하면내가 이만큼 해주면 너도 이만큼 해줘..”이런다는 겁니다.

그렇게 한결 같이 나이 많은 남성을 선호하던 그녀가 최근 들어 그런 생각이 조금씩 흔들린다고 합니다. 주변에서너랑 7-8살 차이가 나면 40이 넘는데, 그 나이에 결혼해서 언제 애 낳아 기를래? 환갑 넘어서까지 자식 수발할 거냐?”면서 반대를 한다는 겁니다.

L씨도 그렇지만, 많은 경우 몇 살까지는 결혼을 해야 뭐 어떻고, 이런 틀을 갖고 결혼준비를 합니다. 그래서 그 때까지 결혼을 못하면 행여 뭐가 잘못 될까봐, 혹은 본인의 계획대로 안 될까봐 걱정을 하거나 무리수를 두면서까지 서둘기도 합니다.

우리는 이렇게 결혼 같은 인생의 많은 부분을 타인의 시선이나 기준으로 설정하는 경우가 많습니다. 해서.. 결혼을 내 생각과 상황에 맞게 다시 설계하는 것도 필요할 것 같습니다.

L씨의 경우, 나이 많은 남성이 좋은데, 주변의 만류로 머뭇거리는데요. 결혼은 내가 하는 건데, 왜 다른 사람 얘기를 듣고 결정해야 하나요? 그리고.. 결혼한다고 꼭 아이를 낳아야 하는 건 아니지요. 요즘엔 부부 둘만의 삶을 위해 출산을 안하는 가정도 적지 않다고 합니다. 결혼은 공통관심사이다 보니 이래라, 저래라, 말들이 많습니다. 그럴수록 마음의 중심을 지켜서 자신의 기준을 갖는 게 중요합니다.

여러분들이 생각하는 결혼은 어떤 건가요?

남성1 : 3남매 중 막내인데, 누나와 형이 공교롭게도 다 이혼을 했다. 부모님을 옆에서 뵈니 자식이 무탈하게 살아주는 게 효도인 것 같다. 부모님은 나더러 나이 맞춰서 억지로 결혼할 필요는 없다고 하신다. 나도 그렇게 생각한다. 30대 중반인데, 정말 마음 맞는 사람이 있으면 할 거지만, 대충 결정하고 싶지는 않다.

여성1 : 결혼적령기가 어느새 30세로 높아졌듯이 우리 생각은 분명 변하고 있고, 거기에 맞춰서 결혼을 생각할 필요가 있다고 본다. 내 주위에도 남편이 외동인데, 아내가 몇 번 자연유산을 하고 난 후로는 출산을 포기하는 커플이 있다. 시부모님이 굉장히 서운해하셨는데, 자식 행복을 위해서는 결국 포기하시더라.

남성2 : 경제적으로 능력 있다면 혼자 살아도 괜찮을 것 같다. 요즘엔 이혼이 하도 많아서 30대 초반인데, 잘 어울리는 친구 7명 중 3명이 이혼을 했다. 그걸 보니 결혼해서 잘 살 자신도 없고, 친구들도 혼자 살 능력 있으면 하지 말라고 말린다. 우선은 사람을 만나보겠지만, 안달복달하면서는 결혼하지 않을 것 같다.

여성2 : 우리 집은 4 2남인데, 남자형제들은 결혼했는데, 나를 포함한 딸 넷은 미혼이다. 20대 후반인 내가 넷째 딸이니 부모님은 맨날 한숨이시다. 결혼해서 잘 못살고 이혼도 많고, 그것이 더 큰 불효가 될 수도 있지만, 세상에 누가 이혼할 생각하고 결혼하는 사람이 있나? 벌어지지도 않은 일을 미리 걱정하고 노력하지 않는다면 그것만큼 비겁한 일은 없는 것 같다. 솔직하게 나는 결혼하고 싶다.

Plan Your Marriage Anew

L in her early 30s used to prefer meeting much older men when she started seeing guys since the first year in college.  While in college, her boy friends were 7-8 years older than she was.  While she was in early 20s, her older boy friends were still in 20s or in 30s, which was okay.  However, she, now in her 30s, keeps looking for older guys and that rather limits her chance to start a relationship. 

I asked her why she keeps looking for older guys, and she says that older guys can be more protective of women and unilaterally generous toward them, whereas guys in the same/similar  age level are conditional, i.e. I do this for you, and I expect you to do the same for me.

Recently, her such preference of men has been shaken a little.  She gets to hear negative comments from others that are you going to marry a guy over 40, if he has to be 7-8 years older than you.. or are you still going to wrestle over upbringing kids when you are 60?

Like L, many young people plan certain age as age ceiling for getting married, that they plan theyve got to get married by a certain age NO MATTER WHAT.  And when their goal is not met, they get jittery as if something is going to be terribly wrong, and plan something really unreasonable only to get married one way or the other. 

We tend to try to live up to others standards and their expectations on us, EVEN in marriage.  We really need to readjust our marriage planning to fit our own thoughts and circumstances.  

This lady L, although she is drawn to older men, she hesitates and is unsure about what she wants because people around her are against it. It is HER marriage, NOT theirs.  Also, there are many couple who choose not to have children, so what is so big deal about dating older men?   Marriage is a big issue in life, so you get to hear tons of comments from others around you.  Amid myriads of advices, it is absolutely important that you stay firm in your mind and thoughts to focus on your own standard. 

So, what are others thoughts on marriage?

Man 1: I am the youngest in our 3 siblings.  Both my elder sister and brother are divorced.  I think the best gift to your parents is to get married and to live well to STAY IN the marriage.  My parents tell me NOT TO force myself into getting married before certain age.  I agree with them.  Now I am in my mid-30s, and I am willing to marry when I finally meet someone I love.  Otherwise, I dont want to be driven into this, or make compromise on that. 

Woman 1: Things have changed.  The optimum marriage age is now 30s and our thoughts are changing.  Our marriage pattern has to change also.  I know a story about one of my acquaintances.  She had several miscarriages.  And, although her husband is the only son to his parents, they gave up on the joy of having grandchildren for the sake of their sons happiness, even though it means a huge compromise. 

Man 2: Itd be okay to live alone, as long as one can financially support oneself.  These days divorce is so commonplace that three out of seven close friends of mine are divorced.  And they are all in their early 30s.  If you are not sure you can make your marriage successful, or you can live financially okay by yourself, those divorcees advise people NOT to marry and enjoy single living.  I keep looking out for meeting someone for sure, but I am not going to drive myself to just get married one way or the other.

Woman 2:  I have three sisters and two brothers.  All my brothers got married, however all the girls in my family, including myself, are still singles.  My parents are deeply concerned about this, as I am the youngest and I am already in my late 20s.  You get married and your marriage may end up in divorce.  But this isnt the reason for not doing anything for fear of getting divorced, when you didnt even get married in the first place.  This is stupid and cowardly.  I DO WANT to get married.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건