• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

가화만사성, 이 평범한 진리

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 11.16.2015 12:27:00  |  조회수: 4783

가화만사성, 이 평범한 진리

그의 이야기

오늘도 어찌어찌 하루가 지났다. 나같이 죽지 못해 사는 사람에게는 하루가 무척이나 길다. 빨리빨리 세월이 흘러 백발 할아버지가 되고, 그래서 이 지긋지긋한 삶을 끝냈으면 하는 생각뿐이다. 집안은 언제나 그 모양 그 꼴이다. 어제 저녁 아무렇게나 벗어놓은 양말이 여전히 저기 내팽개쳐 있다. 그걸 보니 울컥 외로움이 치민다. 하찮은 양말 한 켤레 갖고도 감정이 오락가락하니 내 마음이 많이 약해진 모양이다.

나는 5년전에 이혼했다. 결혼 생활을 할 때는 가정이란 그냥 그렇게 굴러가는 것인 줄 알았다. 회사일이 바빠 제대로 남편 노릇, 아빠 노릇도 못해 봤는데, 어느 날 갑자기 아내가 이혼하자는 것이다. 정도 없고, 하숙생 같은 남편이랑은 못할겠다는 게 이유였다. 내가 가정에 무심했던 건 결코 아내를 사랑하지 않아서가 아니다. 하지만 아내는 내게서 완전히 마음이 돌아 섰고, 무슨 말로도 그 결심을 바꿀 수가 없었다.

결국 나는 이혼을 했고, 내가 가정에 소홀했다는 이유를 들어 아이들의 양육은 아내가 맡았다. 나도 바깥일에 바쁜 아빠보다는 엄마가 아이들을 돌봐야 한다고 생각했기 때문에 아이들 문제는 아내가 원하는 대로 해주었다. 아이들 키우는 데 어려움이 없도록 위자료와 양육비도 넉넉하게 주었다. 하지만 아내는 얼마 후 친정이 있는 미국으로 이민을 떠났다. 물론 아이들은 데리고 말이다. 이혼을 결심하면서 이민 수속도 함께 밟은 것 이였다. 남자가 있었다는 말도 들린다.

함께 살지는 않아도 가까이 있어 자주 만나던 아이들이 멀리 가버리자 나의 상심은 생각보다 컸다. 마음 한구석에서는 이혼을 했더라도 내가 잘하면 재결합할 수도 있으리라는 기대가 있었다. 만약 그게 불가능하더라도 늦게나마 아이들에게 아빠 노릇만큼은 제대로 해주고 싶었다. 이제 그런 기회마저 없어졌으니 살아갈 의미가 없다. 누구를 위해 일하는가.

이혼이 흔한 세상이라는데, 이혼했다고 인생 다 산건 아닌데, 왜 나만 상실감을 극복하지 못하고 이토록 허덕이는지.

남철상, , 40, 사업가, 부산 거주

경제가 어렵다, 나라꼴이 엉망이다, 이런 말을 많이 하지만, 무엇보다 우리를 힘들게 하는 것은 바로 가정이 흔들리고 있는 현실이다. 불꺼진 집에 들어갈 마음이 생기지 않듯 가족관계가 냉랭해지면 열심히 일해야 할 의미를 잃게 된다.

나의 아내는 부도로 거의 빈털벌이가 된 나와 결혼했고, 그 후에도 몇번의 부도로 힘들어하는 내 곁에서 큰 힘이 되어 주었다. 세월이 흐르면서 순한 양이던 아내는 무서운 호랑이로 변했지만, 그럼에도 내가 엄처시하신세(?)를 견딜 수 있는 건 어려움을 함께 극복해온 끈끈한 신뢰가 있기 때문이다.

7,80명 직원과 함께 일하다 보면 가화만사성이란 흔하디 흔한 말이 참으로 명언이다 싶은 일이 많다. 접시 몇개 깼음직한 얼굴로 출근한 직원은 근무 태도에서 표가 난다. 비단 나뿐만 아니라 경영자라면 누구나 자기 회사의 직원들이 행복한 가정을 꾸려나가길 바랄 것이다. 가정이 안정되어야 하루의 피로를 풀며 내일을 위한 힘을 얻을 것이고, 다음 월급날을 향해 열심히 뛸 것이 아닌가.

얼마 전 우리 회사의 웹 팀에서 일할 경력자 한 명을 뽑는데, 100명 가까운 응시자들이 모였다. 이렇게 창창한 젊은이들이 버려질 이력서를 들고 거리를 헤매는 것이 참 안타까웠다.

그들 중에서 가장 나를 안타깝게 한 이는 당당하게 사무실 문을 열고 들어서던 스물다섯의 이혼녀였다. 그녀는 잘못된 결혼에서 해방된 자유로움과 함께 자신 앞에 새롭게 펼쳐질 미래에 대한 꿈에 부풀어 있었다. 전 배우자와 깨끗하게 관계를 끝내고 자유롭게 연애를 하다가 원하는 때 재혼한다. 많은 이혼자들이 이 비슷한 시나리오를 갖고 있는데, 대부분은 기대와는 전혀 다른 상황에 부딪혀 좌절하고, 때로는 이혼을 후회한다.

지금 우리의 가정은 결혼한 10쌍 중 5쌍이 이혼하고, 3쌍은 남남이다 다름없고, 나머지 2쌍만이 결혼생활에 만족하며 산다고 한다. 이보다 더 중요한 건 이혼자의 80%가 이혼을 후회한다는 것이다. 그래서 난 준비된 결혼만이 이혼을 줄일 수 있으며, 그래서 가정과 사회가 연계하여 가정과 부부 역할에 대한 체계적인 교육이 이뤄져야 한다고 생각한다.

점심을 먹고 들어서는데, 10대에 막 들어선 아들 녀석 땜에 속상하다느니, 양말을 아무데나 벗어 놓은 남편이 어떠니, 하는 아줌마 여사원들의 얘기가 들린다. 미우나 고우나, 가족들이야말로 격무를 견딜 수 있는 힘이 된다는 것을 알기에 그런 투정마저 정겹기만 하다.

Success Begins at Home

His Story

Time stands still, and today is only another day just like yesterday, empty and dreary. I wish time fleets faster so I get old soon enough with gray hair and nothing to anticipate in life, and nearer to my last day in this world. Same house, same room. The sock I threw off my foot yesterday is still lying over there in the corner of the room. Feeling of loneliness overpowers me all of sudden. I became a fragile helpless single guy.

I divorced five years ago. I took my family for granted. I was only preoccupied with work, work, and only work, without taking anytime to serve as a husband and a father. One day, my wife told me she wanted a divorce. She said she didn’t love me anymore, and that I was never accessible to her when she needed me. I didn’t mean to alienate my family from myself. I was only busy. That was all. But her heart had completely turned around, and nothing could persuade her back.

So, I got divorced and my wife got custody over our kids. I consented to her taking our kids, as I believed it’d be better for them to be cared for by the mother rather than by me, who is usually busy outside home. I paid her a handsome amount in alimony and children’s support. And, shortly after we got separated, my wife emigrated to the United States, where her maiden family was. Apparently she started immigration process around the same time she filed divorce. I even hear that she was seeing a man.

I used to see my kids often although we did not live together anymore. But now that the kids are taken away by their mom, I am devastated by this. I was still holding a hope that our family could get back together in one way or another. Or, at least I was really intent on being a good father to my kids although rather belatedly. Now, I don’t even have the change anymore, and I’ve lost meaning of life. For whom do I work so hard

I am not alone being divorced, and it ain’t the end of my life. Still, I don’t understand my own self being such hurt and lost..

C** Nam, Male, Aged 40, Self-employed, living in Busan

Although there are many hardships in life, i.e. poor economy, societal instability, etc., the paramount difficulty we may suffer is in our home. If our home is troubled, we are in real trouble. As no one is happy coming back to a home in darkness, with no one waiting, anyone cannot find meaning in life, or hard work, once there is no warmth in the family.

My wife married me when my situation was all time low, suffering with bankrupt business. During our marriage, there were several crises with bankrupt business and so forth, and my wife stood by me persevering all the difficulties. Well, she was transformed from a meek lamb into a fierce tiger. But it was the strong bond between us that tied us together based on our mutual trust and reliance.

As I work with 70-80 employees, often times I realize how true it is to say SUCCESS STARTS AT HOME. If you show up to work with grimace in the face as if you already had a battle at home, the trouble you may have had at home will certainly repeat itself at work. You are so in need of stable happy family so you can be healed and recharge yourself for tomorrow.

A while ago, we posted an ad to hire a web designer. There were 100-odd applicants. It was pity that such fine young people were wondering out on the street to get a job. However, the real sad thing I saw was when I interviewed a 25-year-old divorcee. She was full of dreams for the future as she thought she was set free from a marriage which she thought was a mistake.

“Cut clean the relationship with the ex, enjoy romantic single life for a while, and get re-married,” this is a scenario most divorced may harbor as their wish. To the contrary, many are frustrated by the reality and at times regret they ever divorced.

Nowadays, out of 10 married couples, 5 couples get divorce, and 3 maintain only nominal marriage life. That means only 2 couples out of 10 have satisfactory marriage life, or 80% of married people regret their marriage! I firmly believe that only well prepared marriage can reduce the divorce rate, and this requires well-orchestrated education on the roles of family and the couple, the pillar of the family, participated by the family and the society.

I was just stepping into my office after lunch, and I was hearing my married women employees chatting with one other, i.e. my teenage son is pin in the ass, my husband is sloppy with socks, etcEven their complaints about their family sound sweet to my ear, since I know that it is the family after all which keeps you going even in a hard working condition.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건