• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

프로 주부, 아마추어 주부

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 11.09.2015 20:14:01  |  조회수: 5503

프로 주부, 아마추어 주부

그녀의 이야기

오늘도 나는 남편 눈치를 살피며 책을 꺼내들고 침대로 간다. 그리고 침대에 걸터앉아 책장을 넘기지만, 이내 졸음이 몰려와 그저 무의식적으로 책장만 몇 장 넘기다가 덮어 버렸다. 남편은 왜 나를 내버려두지 않고, 책 읽어라, 운동해라, 잔소리를 해대는지 모르겠다.

결혼 후 줄곧 직장 생활을 하던 나는 올해 아이가 초등학교에 입학하면서 퇴직했다. 유치원까지는 남의 손에서 키웠지만, 학교에 들어 갔으니 내가 첫 단추를 잘 끼워주어야 한다는 생각에서이다.

아침마다 출근 전쟁 안 치러도 좋고, 아이가 학교 간 후에는 혼자만의 시간도 즐길 수 있어 처음 얼마간은 참 좋았다. 그동안 열심히 일했으니 이런 휴가를 즐길 충분한 자격이 된다고 생각했다. 하지만 직장생활을 하면서 늘 규칙적인 생활을 하다가 갑자기 시간이 많아지자 생활리듬이 깨지고 말았다. 오늘 할 일도 내일로 미루게 되고, 집에만 있으니 자꾸 쳐져서 나 스스로도 너무 해이해 진다는 생각이 들 정도였다.

남편도 그런 생각을 했는지, 언제부터인가 한 마디 두마디 잔소리를 하기 시작했다. 요즘 살이 쪘다느니, 오늘은 집에서 뭐했냐느니, 하며 나의 생활에 간섭하기 시작했다. 물론 그러는 남편 마음을 이해 못하는 건 아니다. 집에 있다고 해서 나 자신을 내팽개치지 말고 리듬감 있게 살기를 원하는 것이다. 또 그것이 나를 위한 것인지도 안다. 하지만 자꾸 남편을 의식하게 되어 마음이 풀편하다.

처음에는 서운한 마음에 나더러 다시 나가서 일하라는 건가?’하는 생각도 들었지만, 문득 남편이 원하는 건 다시 직장에 다니는 것이 아니라 예전의 활기찬 모습으로 돌아가는 것이 아닌가, 하는 생각이 들었다. 아이 교육을 위해 퇴직을 결정했을 때 누구보다 환영한 사람음 남편이다. 그런 남편이 내가 벌어오는 돈 몇푼이 아쉬워서 이런 식으로 부담을 주어 내 등을 떠밀지는 않을 것이다. 직장 여성으로 열심히 살았듯, 주부로서도 열심히 살라, 이것이 남편 뜻이라는 것을 알고 부터는 내 스스로 감독관이 되어 나의 생활을 체크하려 노력한다.

곽승연, , 34, 주부, 인천 거주

맞벌이 부부의 삶은 사회생활이 각자에게 큰 비중을 차지하므로 어느 정도 독립적인 관계를 유지할 수 있다. 게다가 물론 처음에는 이런 저런 사소한 갈등이 있을 수도 있지만, 어느 시점에 가서는 가사노동도 자연스럽게 분담하게 된다.

남성들은 가장으로서의 부담감에서 조금은 벗어날 수 있으므로 생활의 여유를 찾을 수 있고, 아내를 비롯한 다른 가족 구성원에게도 좋은 영향을 줄 수 있다. 하지만 아직은 전업주부가 더 많은 현실에서 일하는 여성은 일종의 선민의식이랄까, 인정받고 싶어 하는 마음이 있다. 도가 지나치지 않다면 남편은 일하는 아내의 고충을 헤아려주는 것이 현명하다.

대개의 남성들은 일하는 여성을 선호하는 편이다. 그건 비단 경제적인 이유 때문만이 아니라 승연씨의 남편처럼 일하는 여성에게서 느껴지는 생동감, 자기발전의 노력, 사회생활 동지로서의 공감대, 때문이기도 하다.

혹 일하지 않으면 주부로서의 존재가치가 없느냐는 반론도 있을 것이다. 그러나 문제는 경제력이 아니다. 주부도 직업인이라는 프로의식을 갖는 것이다. 가사에서 어떤 성취감을 찾지 못한다면 자원봉사 등 생산성 있는 일을 찾는 것도 한 방법이다.

전업 주부의 1/3이 집에서 점심을 먹지 않는다는 통계를 볼 적이 있다. 난 그 1/3의 주부들이 밖에 나가 킬링 타임이 아닌 뭔가 의미있는 일을 하기 때문이라고 통계의 숨은 뜻을 해석하고 싶다. 굳이 나가서 일을 하지 않더라도 직업 정신을 갖고 사는 것이 중요하다는 생각을 해본다.

Pro Homemaker vs Amateur Homemaker

Her Story

I timidly watch my husband with the corner of my eyes, as I come to the bed, with a book in my hand. I turn over the pages in bed as if to try to do some reading. In no time, my eyelids get really heavy, and I just shuffle through the pages, then give it up and put it away. My husband is a thorn in my side, constantly nagging, i.e. why don’t you read something, why don’t you exercise, etc..

I was a working mom until this spring, as my child entered elementary school. My husband and I agreed on my retiring by the time our kid starts going to school, as we wanted to get our child a perfect support from the start.

It was dreamy days for the first couple of months, no morning rush, no traffic. I could enjoy some time to myself in the morning after sending my kid to school. I deserved this as I was working so hard for a long years. The problem, however, is that I couldn’t handle those free hours, as I was accustomed to the tight-paced work-and-home dual schedule for a long time. I started putting off things to next days, and I slacked off.

My husband must have noticed, and started picking up on me, i.e. you’re gaining weight, did you do anything today at home.. etc. Of course, I understand him acting like this. I know he really means to stimulate me so I go back to the active and diligent me again. Anyway, I am really uncomfortable with his nudging.

At first I almost misunderstood him and thought “does he want me to get a job again to bring some money home??..” But I now know that all my husband wants from me is to regain the active and lively me again. When I decided to quit the job to devote entirely to my family and to my kid, my husband was the happiest one at the news. By being mean to me, he doesn’t mean to insinuate that I need to get a job again to help him with household earning, but really wants me to live a full life as a homemaker, as I was doing while I was a working mom. Yes, he is absolutely right. I will be more harsh on myself and try to have some self-imposed discipline on my home living.

S* * Kwak, Female, Aged 34, housewife, living in Incheon

A home with both wife and husband working can offer them a certain room for independence from each other. Also, they may get accustomed to sharing the house chores of their own home. Husband may benefit by sharing the burden of bread earner of the family, at the same time the wife can be recognized as a valuable partner in their life. Also, it’d be wise for the husband to acknowledge the contribution of his working wife in their household.

Usually many husbands prefer working wife, not just for financial reasons, but for other reasons as well. The husbands appreciate the liveliness, diligence and dedication of working wives. Also, working wives can share common grounds with their husbands as a colleague in the society outside their home.

I don’t mean to sound that fulltime homemakers aren’t worthy. It is not the earning power that determines the value of a job wife, or a jobless one. It is the spirit that makes a difference. A fulltime homemaker can be an outstanding professional in her field, that is, in homemaking, as any other professional career woman can accomplish in her own field. Also, there are other things to make a homemaker leading a worthy life, i.e. volunteer works, etc.

Again, it is the spirit of devotion that makes a whole difference, whether you work within home or outside.  

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건