결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

사랑인가, 간섭인가

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 09.20.2015 16:42:13  |  조회수: 6516

그녀의 이야기

전화를 바꿔주는 남편의 목소리가 잔뚝 굳어있다. 아마도 현숙이의 전화인가보다. 남편은 어쩐 일인지 그 친구를 유난히도 싫어한다. 그래서 그 친구와 전화통화만 해도 괜히 심술을 부리곤 한다. 남편이 이러는 데는 물론 이유가 있다. 현숙이는 몇 년 전 이혼한 후 혼자 살고 있는데, 자유분방한 성격 탓에 남자 교제가 활발한 편이다. 전 남편으로부터 상당한 위자료를 받은 것도 남편 마음에 들지 않는 점이다. 남편은 그 친구와 어울리면서 괜한 허영심만 배운다며 노골적으로 친구를 비난했다.

남편의 걱정도 이해는 되지만 현숙이와 나는 서로 눈빛만 봐도 생각을 알 수 있을 정도로 가까운 20년지기 친구이다. 남편의 의사도 존중해 줘야 하지만, 남편이 싫어한다는 이유로 20년 이어온 우정을 끝낼 수는 없다.

비단 현숙이 문제 말고도, 평소 남편은 간섭이 심한 편이다. 내 헤어 스타일, 옷 입는 것에도 미주알 고주알 말이 많고, 내가 한 반찬에 대해서도 싱겁네 짜네, 뭐가 덜 들어갔네 요구사항이 많다. 결혼 당시에는, 무뚝뚝하고 전혀 애정표현 할 줄 모르는 친정 아버지와는 정반대로 관심사가 많고 하고 싶은 얘기 다 하는 남편이 마음에 들었다. 하지만 내가 좋아했던 남편의 그 자상함이 이제는 나를 답답하게 만들고 있다.

나는 남편에게서 생활비를 타서 쓰는데, 가끔 생활비가 한도를 초과하면 참을 수 없을 정도의 잔소리에 시달려야 한다. 차라리 내가 파출부 일이라도 해서 생활비를 벌고 싶다.

오늘 나는 남편의 싸늘한 눈초리를 뒤로 하고, 평소보다 더 당당하고 큰 목소리로 친구와 통화를 했다. 남편 보란 듯이 말이다. 내 교우관계까지 만나라, 만나지 말라, 간섭하는 건 아무리 부부 사이지만, 예의가 아니라고 생각한다. 남편이 뭐라고 하든 그 친구와 헤어질 생각은 추호도 없다.

한지혜, , 35, 주부, 익산 거주

상대를 생각해 준다는 명목으로 은근히 무시하고, 참견하는 사람들이 있다. 상대의 결정에는 나름대로 충분한 이유가 있게 마련인데, 그걸 무시하고 한술 더 떠서 토를 달아 자기 생각을 고집하는 것이다. 그런 태도는 부부 관계에 아무런 도움이 되지 못한다.

나는 개인적으로 아내의 긴 머리를 좋아하지만, 손질하는데 시간과 돈이 많이 들어 짧은 스타일로 바꿨을 때 예쁘다고 말했다. 만일 내가 긴 머리가 어떻다느니 한마디라도 했더라면 분위기는 썰렁해지고 말았을 것이다. 자른 머리카락을 다시 붙일 수도 없고, 아내는 내 머리도 내 마음대로 못하냐는 생각을 할지도 모른다.

연인 사이에서도 마찬가지다. 상대의 취향이나 행동, 심지어 말투까지 간섭하는 사람들이 많다. 물론 이것을 관심이나 애정의 표현으로 생각하면 다행이지만, 당사자가 내켜하지 않는다면 그만 두는 것이 좋다.

물론 경우에 따라서는 이유를 묻고 함께 고민해주는 게 좋을 때가 있다. 하지만 상대가 바라는 것이 의견을 묻는 게 아니라면 그냥 존중하고 인정해 주면 된다. 특히 사소한 일까지 따지는 습관은 두 사람 관계를 악화시키는 지름길이다.

Meddling, a Show of Affection?

Her Story

“It’s for you..” My husband hands over the phone in a grumpy tone. It must be Hyun-sook, my BFF. My husband dislikes her indeed. Whenever I talk with her, he makes it obvious that he does not acknowledge this friendship. He has his own reason for this. My friend Hyun-sook recently got divorced with a heavy sum of alimony. She is having a free single life with multiple boyfriends. My husband complains about our friendship, saying I may become like her spending money lavishly and so forth.

Although I understand how he feels, I cannot give up Hyun-sook. We’ve been close friends for 20 years. We get along so well, and I cannot simply forsake this 20-year-old friendship just because my husband doesn’t like her.

It is not just about Hyun-sook. My husband is a chronic meddler. He meddles and complains constantly about my hair style, dresses, my cooking, etc. When we got newly married I liked this talkative husband. He was so different from my father who was very reserved and hardly expressed affection for the family. I liked my husband who was very engaged and talking a lot. Now, the same traits of his make me sick.

Our family depends on my husband’s earnings. When I go over the household budget, he nags and lectures on this forever to the point where I find it unbearable! I’d rather go out and earn some income myself even by doing some part-time maid job.

Although I could feel my husband giving accusing stare at my back, I raised my voice all the more and had a loud and pleasant conversation with Hyun-sook on the phone, as if to declare to him that “you have no voice to meddle in my friendship, dear.”

Ji * Han, Female, Aged 35, Housewife, Living in Iksan

There are people allegedly caring for others, but in fact imposing and obtruding. When people make decision there are reasons for making such decision. And these meddlers give no regards to others’ opinion and try to impose their own decision upon others. This never works in a marriage.

For me, I like my wife’s long hair. One day she cut it short saying it’d be expensive and time-consuming to maintain a long hair style. I complimented her on her new hair style, although actually I liked her long hairstyle better. It would not have helped if I had commented she should have kept it long just because I liked it better.

The same goes for dating partners, not just for a married couple. There are people who try to force their own taste and preferences on their loved ones. You could certainly express your attention and care for people you love, but if others don’t seek your opinion, then you’d better just leave them alone.

Sometimes, you may volunteer to listen to a problem and share it with your loved ones. But if the other person doesn’t want to follow your advice, why don’t you just respect that and refrain yourself from imposing over? Or, picking up on every tiny mistake your loved one makes wouldn’t help at all. It will only aggravate the situation and eventually lead to a severed relationship.  

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건