이웅진

결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

행복도 습관이다

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 09.06.2015 09:00:47  |  조회수: 5224

말이 그 사람의 인생을 만든다. 일단 말을 하고 나면 생각과 행동도 그걸 따라가게 되는 것이다. 쉽게 이야기해서 좋은 말을 하면 인생도 좋게 풀릴 수 있다는 뜻이다. 마음 편하다는 이유로 사랑하는 사람을 만나기만 하면 불평, 불만을 늘어 놓는 사람들이 있다. 이것은 좋지 않을 뿐 아니라 위험한 습관이다

그녀의 이야기

나는 그와 3년째 연애중이다. 초등학교 동창이였던 그를 졸업 후 12년만에 열린 동창회에서 다시 만나, 교제를 시작한 것이다. 그는 어릴 적에 징징거리거나 신경질을 자주 부리는 남자애였다. 늦둥이로 태어나 부모님의 사랑을 독차지하며 자라서인지 뭐든 자기 마음에 안 들면 크게 화를 내거나 울곤 했다. 그래서 당시 여자아이들은 그를 불늑대라는 별명으로 부르곤 했다. 하는 것은 꼭 여우 같은데, 남자니까 바꿔 붙인 별명이였다.

12년만에 만난 그 불늑대는 많이 변해 있었다. 부드러운 꽃미남으로 변해 있었고 게다가 의대에 다닌다는 것이다. 그는 나를 반갑게 대하면서 예전에 나를 좋아했다는 말을 했다. 그 후 우리는 친구에서 연인으로 발전하게 되었다. 하지만 외모만 변했을 뿐 자기 중심적인 그의 성격은 그대로라는 것을 알아차리는 데는 그리 오래 걸리지 않았다. 처음에는 성인이 되었으니 어느 정도는 감정을 자제할 줄도 알고, 무책임한 행동을 하지 않으리라는 기대를 가졌다. 그러나 그 기대는 1년도 안되어 무참이 깨지고 말았다.

지금 그는 병원 수련의로 환자를 돌보느라 늘 지쳐있다. 연락은 자주 하지만, 얼굴을 볼 수 있는 건 한 달에 서너 번 정도이다. 만날 때마다 그는 그동안 쌓인 스트레스를 내게 풀기 바쁘다. 처음에는 안쓰러운 마음에 이야기를 다 들어 주었지만, 매번 되풀이되는 비슷한 이야기들, 모든 걸 남의 탓으로만 돌리는 그의 태도를 보면 실망스럽다. 또 모처럼 남자친구를 만나 하고 싶은 게 많은 여자의 마음은 몰라주고, 자기 좋은 대로만 하며 소중한 데이트를 망쳐버리는 그에게 많이 서운하다.

결혼해서도 매일 저런 이야기를 들어야 하나, 하는 생각에 가끔 헤어지고 싶은 마음도 생긴다. 그가 하루 빨리 불늑대에서 벗어나 따뜻 늑대 목도리가 되어 나를 감싸 주었으면 좋겠다.

신영은, , 28, 약사, 서울 거주

누군가 나를 걱정해주는 사람이 있다는 것만으로도 위로가 되는 때도 있다. 또 그저 속 시원히 털어놓음으로써 문제의 절반은 해결된 느낌이 들기도 한다. 하지만, 연인은 상대의 불만을 들어주고 위로해주는 사람이 아니다. 연인 또한 위로받고, 사랑받고 싶어 한다는 점을 잊으면 안된다. 그런 중요한 사실을 망각한 채 자신의 기분을 내세워 소중해야 할 데이트를 망쳐버리는 건 정말 이기적인 행동이다.

연애를 통해 기초체력이 든든해진 커플은 결혼생활도 잘 이어간다. 그 체력이라는 게 시간만 보낸다고 얻어지지는 않는다. 함께 기뻐하고, 함께 어려움을 나누며 공동분모를 키워가면서 자연스럽게 얻어진다.

자기 감정에 충실한 것이라고 합리화하면서 자기의 불행을 연인에게 주절주절 털어놓는 당신, 그 사이 당신의 연인도 그 불행에 전염되어 행복하게 살 기회를 잃게 된다는 점을 잊지 말아야 한다.

오늘은 정말 힌든 하루였어라고 말하기 전에 사랑하는 그, 그녀의 하루는 어땠는지 먼저 생각하고 물어보면 어떨까?

Be Happy! Make It a Habit!

What comes out of your mouth becomes you. Once your mouth utters something, your mind and action make it happen. Saying good words makes a good life indeed. Some people keep pouring out complaints and negative comments to people they love, just because they feel safe to share such talks with those they are close to. This is not just bad but a hazardous habit.

Her Story

I am dating him for three years now. I started seeing him since I met him at our elementary school alumni party 12 years after our graduation. I remember him in grammar school as a whining boy with surly temperament. He was born to generous parents as the baby kid in the family, and he would have his own way in everything. If his demand was not met, he would explode or wail. Girls would call him ‘spoiled brat.’

This little ’spoiled brat’ grew into a fine-looking young man during the past 12 years. He was studying at a medical school, and even better he confessed that he had a feeling for me! We instantly fell in love. But it didn’t take long to find out that although his look had greatly transformed, his inner child hadn’t changed a bit, still selfish and inconsiderate. I tried to give him the benefit of doubt that somehow he might be different by now as he is a fully grown man now. But my hope was completely shattered within a matter of one year since I met him.

He is a medical resident at a hospital now, always tired and stressed out. We see each other several times a month. Every time we meet, he unloads all the pent-up stresses upon me. At first, I felt sorry for him, so I listened to him in earnest. Now I am tired and disappointed with his same old complaints and his attitude of constantly turning blames to others. He always has his way and never pays attention to my needs, so in the end ruins our precious times together. I wish someday he quits being a whining loser, and transforms himself into a warm and caring grown-up guy.

- <Her Story> by Y** Shin, aged 28, pharmacist, living in Seoul

It is good to know there is someone out there listening to me. Also, by talking about all your problems with someone, you are already halfway toward the solution. However, your girlfriend is not someone there for you to listen to you all the time. Your girlfriend sometimes wants to switch roles so she talks and you listen. You are going to ruin your date and the relationship as you treat your partner as someone to listen to your complaints all the time. This is a very selfish act.

When a couple go through many things, good and bad, together, they have a good chance of success in their marriage also.

If you pour out complaints to your close ones all the time, justifying yourself that I am only being frank with my own feelings, you are actually passing your troubles onto your loved ones, depriving them of their own happiness in life.

Before uttering “whewit’s been a rough day,” how about ask your girlfriend first “how was your day, sweetie?^^

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,103 건