결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

한국의 골드미스를 꿰찬 월가의 임원은 로또 맞았다

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 08.18.2015 21:08:31  |  조회수: 8361

미국 맨하탄에 거주하는 76년생 A씨는 미국 명문 로스쿨 졸업한 변호사로 연봉 40만불을 받는다

미국 LA에 거주하는 73년생 B씨는 내과 전문의로 연봉 30만불 이상이다.

72년생 C씨는 한국의 S대 교수로 인상도 좋고, 집안도 좋다.

캐나다 교포인 71년생 D씨는 뇌의학 분야 전문 학자로 병원이나 연구소에서 좋은 조건으로 스카웃 제의가 줄을 이을 정도로 이 분야에서 인정받고 있다.

화랑이 즐비한 미국 뉴욕에서 큐레이터로 활동하는 74년생 E씨는 미국 미술계에서 알아주는 인재이다.

경기도에서 산부인과를 운영하는 40대 초반의 F, 서울 강남에서 유명 로펌의 변호사로 활동하는 40대 초반의 G씨 등 열거한 이 사람들의 공통점은 3-40대 싱글여성, 흔히 말하는 골드미스라는 것이다.

한국과 화폐 단위가 달라 실감이 잘 안나서 그렇지, 30만불, 40만불, 이러면 일반인들은 받기 힘든 고액 연봉이다. 사회에서 괄목할만한 재능을 발휘하고 있는 이 여성들은 결혼에서 어려움을 겪고 있다. 내가 알고 있는 이런 여성들이 족히 수백명은 된다.

최근 이들 중 한명이 결혼을 하게 되었는데, 상대는 미국 금융계의 중역으로 일하는 사람이다. 그는 백인 남성이다. 이 여성이 처음부터 외국인과 결혼하려고 했던 것은 아니었다. 이제 막 마흔이 된 그녀와 나이차이가 3-4살 정도 나는 40대 중반의 한국 남성들을 몇 명 소개했다.

나이가 너무 많네요.”

-그래도 00님과 4살 차이가 나는데요.

“2-30대 때야 둘다 젊으니까 괜찮지만, 내 나이가 오십이 다 되가는데, 여자라도 좀 젊어야지요.”

-그래도 이제 마흔인데 나이가 너무 많다고 하시는 건..

다른 남성들도 느낌이 안온다..”, “출산을 고려해야 하는데..” 등의 이유를 들어 만나기를

꺼려했다.

그녀와 솔직한 얘기를 나눴다.

-어렵네요

나이 많아서 싫대죠?”

-나이 따지는 한국 남자들 많은데, 계속 이러면 한국에서 결혼하기 힘들어요. 시야를

좀 넓혀보면 어떨까요? 밖으로요.

“...밖으로라면..국제결혼 말씀하시나요?”

-교포들도 있고요. 외국 남성들도 있고요. 왜요? 전혀 생각 안해본 건가요?

그렇긴 하지만...국제결혼한 친구도 있고..그렇게 부정적인 건 아니예요. 하지만 좀 갑작스럽긴 하네요.”

-혹시 직장에서 외국 나갈 기회는 없나요? 미국 같은 데요. 물론 남성쪽에서 한국에 올

수도 있겠지만.. 외국 지사 같은 데 나가기도 하니까요.

혹시나 해서 제안을 한 것인데, 일이 잘 풀리려는 건지 얼마 안 있어서 미국 월가에서 일하

는 애널리스트가 한국에 와서 만나게 되었고, 서로 호감을 갖게 되면서 여성쪽에서 적극적

으로 미국에서 일할 기회를 찾고 있는 중이다.

한국 사회가 지난 1-20년 동안 사회적으로, 또 이와 맞물려서 가치관에 있어서도 많은 변

화를 겪었고, 개방성과 포용력을 갖게 된 부분도 있지만, 결혼만큼은 상당한 편견이 여전히

존재하고 있다.

어찌 보면 골드미스들도 그로 인한 피해를 보고 있다고 할 수 있다. “노처녀들은 기가 세

.”, “눈이 높으니까 결혼을 못하지..”, “여자가 남자보다 잘나면 뭐에 쓰게..”, 이런 생각이

적지 않다.

게다가 이성을 선택할 때 느낌을 중시하는 외국에 비해 한국 남성들은 나이를 따지는 편이

, 그런 경향은 나이가 들수록 심해진다. 골드미스의 경우, 내가 보기에 버릴 게 하나 없는

여성들이 많고, 본인들 또한 이런 자부심으로 살아왔는데, 결혼을 준비하는 과정에서 나이

가 많다는 이유로 거절당하면서 좌절감을 느끼는 여성들이 많다. 이들을 보면 얼마나 안타

까운지 모른다.

가끔 이런 생각을 한다. 이 여성들이 일보다 결혼에 집중했으면 지금처럼 성공할 수 있었을

? 그랬을 수도, 그렇지 못했을 수도 있다. 분명한 것은 이들이 눈이 높아 조건 좋은 남성

을 찾다가 나이가 든 것도 아니고, 기가 세서 결혼생활을 조신하게 할 수 없어서 이렇게 된

것도 아니라는 것이다. 그저 자기 일을 열심히 했고, 결혼을 하려고 보니 자신이 나이가 들

었다는 것을 실감하게 되었다는 여성들이 대부분이다.

이들은 그저 흔히 부르는 노처녀가 아니다. 지적이고, 능력 있는 이들에게 나이는 그저 신

체적인 노쇠함이 아니라 연륜이고, 지혜가 된다. 정신적으로 성숙하고, 많은 경험을 통해

포용력도 갖고 있다. 이런 여성들과 결혼하는 남성들은 그야말로 호박이 넝쿨째 굴러오는

것이다.

월가의 예비신랑에게도 그렇게 말했다. ‘당신은 1000만불짜리 복권에 당첨된 것이라고.

음에는 어리둥절하던 그에게 이런 설명을 하니 엄지 손가락을 치켜든다. 이런 행운을 한국

남성들도 가졌으면 좋겠다. 나이부터 따지지 말고, 내면의 깊이와 능력을 고려한다면 얼마

든지 가능하다.

Business Executive Hit Jackpot by Marrying Korean ‘Gold Miss’

Miss A, born in 1976, lives in Manhattan and is a highly paid lawyer with annual salary of 400K after she graduated from a prestigious law school.

Miss B, born in 1973, is an internist with annual salary of 300K.

Miss C in Korea, born in 1972, is a professor in S University, with good look and good family background.

Miss D, a Canadian-Korean born in 1971, is a prominent scholar in brain medicine research, highly sought after by general hospitals and research institutes.

Miss E, born in 1974, works as a curator in New York, and is well recognized in the arts field.

There is Miss F, in early 40s, who owns a gynecology clinic in Kyunggi-do. Also, there is Miss G, also in early 40s, who is a lawyer belonging to one of the top law firms. Those single ladies are all in their 30s and 40s. They are ‘Gold Missus.’

Their annual earnings of 300K ~ 400K are something unattainable for a regular employee. Those extremely talented ladies have difficulty getting married. There could be hundreds, to say the least, of these women.

Recently one of them got married to a business executive in a U.S. financial firm. A Caucasian gentleman. This Korean lady didn’t plan on marrying a white gentleman in the beginning. She is barely in 40s. I tried to introduce her to a Korean man in mid 40s, about 3-4 years older than she.

“She’s way too old

-Butshe’s 4 years younger than you.

“4 yearswould’ve been okay while I was in 20s or 30s. But, now I am nearing my 50. And I want a much younger spouse.”

-Well, she is only 40. And you call it ‘too old’??

Korean guys didn’t want to meet her over the reasons like“I don’t feel up to,” “she may have difficulty having babies,” etc.

I confided with her.

-It’s hard

“So, they call me too old, don’t they?”

-Korean guysthey tend to be particular about women’s ageWith things going like this, it is going to be difficult to get married in Korea. Why don’t you broaden your vision and look abroad?

“...you mean international marriage?”

-Yeah, could be Koreans living abroad, or foreign men. How about that? Have you ever thought about that possibility?

“HmmI have friends who married foreigner, etc. I am not negative about it. However, it is rather abrupt, though.”

-Do you have any chance of going abroadI mean job-related? To the U.S.? Also, men could come visit here.

It turned out for the better. A financial analyst from Wall Street came to Seoul on business, and they had a blind date. They liked each other, and the lady is actively seeking a job in the U.S.

Although Korean society underwent tremendous changes in its value system during a couple of decades, and many areas in society progressed and are much more open than before, the old way of thinking and value system still remains firmly rooted when it comes to marriage, and there still are age-old preconceptions and prejudices.

Our gold missus are victims of silly prejudices i.e. “they are too strong to be handled..,” “they have too haughty eyes for men,” “women should not exceed men,” etc.

Also, Korean guys in general are uncomfortable about women’s mature age, whereas men in the western countries focus on the chemistry between them, rather than on just age of women. To me, those gold missus are perfect in many respects, and they take pride in who they are. However, while seeking spouse in Korea, they are hurt and discouraged by this ‘age discrimination’ by Korean men. What a shame!

Those find women did never have haughty eyes for men, nor they are domineering and bossy over men. They just were dedicated and hard-working in their job and one day found themselves rather advanced in age.

They are not just old spinsters. They are capable and they are intelligent. And, they are wise and tolerant. Marrying one of those precious women is like hitting a mega-million jackpot!

I told the husband-to-be from the Wall St. that “you hit a mega-million lottery.” He agrees with me by showing his two thumbs up. I hope Korean men to also hit such a jackpot, by please forsaking their obsession with women’s age, and looking further into the real quality of a woman.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건