• 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

꼭 그 사람이어야 하는가

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 10.29.2014 09:33:09  |  조회수: 7716

사람이어야 하는가?

결혼하고 싶은 이유,

결혼을 망설이는 이유

30 초반의 J씨는 친하게 지내는 친구들의 결혼을 지켜보면서 생각이 많다고 합니다.

죄다 임신해서 결혼을 하네요. 확실한 사람이 아니면 그럴 용기가 없는데, 친구들은 그렇지는 않은 같아요. 어쩌다가 아이가 생겨 결혼결정을 하는 경우도 있어요. 맞춰살기로 했다면서요. 과정이야 어떻건 결혼을 한다니 부럽기도 하지만, 불안하고 걱정스러운 면도 있어요. 제가 너무 막혔거나 신중한 건가요?

성이 개방되고, 연애가 자유로운 시대에 살다 보니 요즘은 혼수로 아이를 가져간다 말이 나올 정도로 혼전 임신이 많긴 하죠. 어차피 결혼할 사이라면 임신을 먼저 하는 것이 문제가 안될 수도 있지만, 임신으로 인해 관계가 바뀐 것이라면 진정으로 서로를 원해서가 아니라 책임감 같은 것으로 결혼하는 것인데, 좋은 결정은 아닌 같다는 생각도 드네요.

그런데. 어떤 분은 이런 말을 하시더라고요.

너무 생각이 많아도 결혼결정을 못하겠어요. 어떤 사람과 결혼을 생각할 과연 사람이 결혼에 적합한지, 단점도 이것저것 보이고.. 아무튼 결혼을 하고 싶은 이유도 많지만, 반면 결혼을 망설이게 되는 이유도 많아집니다. 하지만 임신 같이 어쩔 없는 상황이 되면 결정을 하게 되니까요. 뭔가 결정하기 힘든 애매한 상황에서는 그런 결정적인 계기나 이슈도 필요한 같아요.

어쩔 없어서 하는 결혼결정,

괜찮을까?

임신도 그렇고, 그밖에 결혼할 수밖에 없는 상황에 처했을 결혼결정을 하는 것도 괜찮을까요? 그리고 과연 그런 결정에 후회는 없을까요?

여성1: 내가 아는 언니는 30 중반인데, 친구들은 결혼하고 혼자만 남아서 외롭 다고 노래를 하더니, 남자를 만나고는 성급하게 결혼결정을 하고 후회하다가 결국 헤어졌다. 결혼도 그렇지만, 너무 간절히 바라면 그것만 보이고, 그래서 좋은 선택을 하기 어려운 같다.

남성1: 헤어지고 나서 후회하는 경우가 많았다. 등산을 하고 내려와서 산이 보인 다고 할까? 친구들은 2-3 만나본 시점에서 괜찮으면 밀어붙이라고 한다.

여성2: 선을 사람과 2 정도 만났는데, 결혼얘기가 벌써 오간다. 시간을 두고 만나면서 결정하고 싶은데, 선을 봐놓고 그렇게 뜸을 들이냐는 눈치다. 이렇게 결정하는 맞는 것인지 모르겠다. 지금은 좋지만, 만나면 그렇지 않을 수도 있지 않을까?

남성2: 욱하는 성격인데, 그녀에게만큼은 그런 모습을 보여주고 싶지 않았다. 그런 들키고야 말았다. 여자들이 이런 성격을 좋아할 없으니, 이제 끝이라고 생각했는데, 만나려면 성격 고쳐야 하는데..라고 말하는 것이다. 대범하게 받아들이는 보고는 이런 여자라면 내가 못된 성격 고쳐서라도 결혼하고 싶다는 생각이 들었다.

여성3: 남들 앞에서는 굉장히 강하고 냉정한 사람인데, 나랑 있을 때는 의외로 약해 지는 보면서 사람이 나를 믿고 있구나..라는 생각이 들었다. 만일 그가 프러포즈한다면 받아들일 같다.

남성3: 그녀가 주유상품권이 당첨되었다면서 자기 태워다니느라 많이 들텐데, 거라도 보태라면서 내밀때 마음씀씀이가 예뻐서 넘어갔다. 그리고 그렇게 결정한 것이 옳았다고 생각한다. 사람 만나다 보면 의례적으로 하는 행동인지, 진심으로 하는 건지 느껴지니까.

사람이어야 하는 이유 있다면,

망설이지 말라.

모든 면이 좋아서 결혼하는 사람은 없습니다. 그걸 알면서도 좋은 사람을 찾게 되는

어쩔 없는 마음이죠. 그래서 떠나보내고 후회하기도 하고요. 있을 잘해라는

귀에 못이 박히도록 들으면서도 그러지 못하는 우리들이지요.

그래도 분명한 건요. 어떤 불가항력적인 일이 있어도, 물론 누군가는 그것이 인연이

, 운명이라는 말을 하기도 하지만, 인생을 함께 사람이라면 사람이어야 하는 이유

있어야 합니다. 주변적인 상황에 밀려 결혼결정을 하지는 마세요.

Has To Be Him, and Him Only?

Why want to marry?  Or, what makes you hesitate?...

Ms. J is in her early 30s, and these days she is in a lot of thoughts over her friends. 

“Most of them get married, I mean, ‘get pregnant first and then get married.’  I am not that courageous, unless… it has to be the one.”

“… I don’t know.  I envy them, and at the same time I worry for them.  What if their marriage doesn’t work out?  Am I being too cautious?..”

We live in a time of freedom in sex.  Pregnancy before marriage is rather common.  No big problem in case they are going to marry anyway.  But who knows.  Maybe they didn’t mean to marry, but as the girl gets pregnant, they are left with no other option than getting married, I mean, out of responsibility rather than love.

“It is hard.  So many thoughts and consideration.  Is he really the one?  What about all his shortcomings?..  Although there are many reasons to want to marry, there are no less number of reasons to make me hesitate.  I need a break, or a breakthrough.”

So, you are pushed into marriage.  Is that alright?

Pregnancy is one to push them into marriage.  Also, there might be other situations, too.  So, is this alright?  No remorse?

Woman1: I know a single woman in mid-30s.  All her girl friends are married and she was whining about being left behind alone and lonely… Shortly thereafter, she met a man and hurried to get married.  Later, it didn’t work out, and she got a divorce and is now back to single life.  Probably, she wanted to get married so badly and this blinded her judgment. 

Man 1: I saw many couples who broke up and regretted later.  You can see the mountain only when you are out of the mountain.

Woman 2: I was introduced to this man about 2 months ago.  And he already talks about getting married.  I need more time, and he is rather pushing me as if to say “you needed to see a guy to get married.  So you met me, and why dragging your foot now…” I am not sure if it is okay to be driven into marriage like this.  I like him now, but what if I don’t any more, at a later time?

Man 2: I got some temper, and I didn’t want to show this to her, but I got caught with it.  I thought it was over with her.  No woman would go on with such a temperamental guy!  But she was rather understanding, saying to me “you’d better work on your temper if you want to keep dating me..”  I want to fix my temper and marry her.

Woman 3: He is strong and cool in front of others, however is a mellow guy when we are alone.  I think he trusts me.  If he proposes to me, I would accept it with no hesitation. 

Man3: She is very considerate.  Once, she got me a gas gift certificate, saying it would cost me a lot to give her rides.  This was no empty gesture and I know she meant it.

Has to be him?  Don’t hesitate, then…

You want to marry him, not so much because he is a perfect guy, but because you just love this man no matter what.  Sometimes we reckon too many things, and lose the person, only to regret later.  “Do the best to the man by your side, while he remains by your side …”

Anyway, the conclusion I may get is this:  If you pick someone to spend the rest of your life together with, you’ve got to have reason(s) why it has to be the person.  Don’t be driven into marriage by your circumstances. 

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건