• 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

아픈 만큼 성숙해진다고

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 07.28.2014 12:00:55  |  조회수: 9052

아픈 만큼 성숙해진다고?

상처받고 다시 사랑에 빠진다는 건

독하거나 정말 사랑하거나

「사랑하라. 한번도 상처받지 않은 것처럼..」드라마에도 인용되었던 유명한 싯구절인데요. 이 구절을 볼 때마다 시인의 정신력은 상처받지 않은 것처럼 사랑하는 것이 가능한지 궁금해지곤 합니다

우리는 흔히 ‘아픈 만큼 성숙해진다’고 하고, ‘사랑으로 인한 상처는 사랑으로 극복하라’고들 하죠. 하지만 이런 말 하는 사람들이 ‘정말 사랑을 해봤을까’ 라는 생각이 들기도 하는 것이 사랑에 실패하면 다시 상처받을까봐 마음을 닫아버리는 경우가 많거든요.

E씨가 딱 그런 상황에 처한 적이 있습니다. 짧다면 짧았을 수도 있는 6개월 동안 그를 참 많이 좋아했습니다. 버스로 왕복 8시간 걸리는 먼 곳에 있는 사람이었지만, 그가 바쁘면 기꺼이 그녀가 달려갈 정도로요. 이직을 고민 중이고, 가정형편도 좋지 않았음에도, 그래서 주변에서는 “네가 뭐가 아쉬워서 다 주는 사랑을 하냐?”고도 했지만, 그녀는 다 포용하고 받아들일 결심까지 했습니다.

그런데 그가 어느 날 이별통보를 해왔다고 하네요. 그것도 딸랑 문자로. “누구를 만나기에 부족하다. 잘해주지 못해 미안하다. 내가 못나서 그런다. 좋은 사람 만나기를..” 직접 말할 면목이 없다는데, 따져봤자 뭐하나 싶어 그녀도 마음을 정리했습니다.

하지만 한 남자에게 정말 헌신했던 6개월의 댓가는 정말 혹독했다고 합니다. 하루에도 수차례 온몸에 열이 오르락 내리락 했는데, 친구들은 홧병이라고 했다는군요. 그렇게 크게 데이고 나서 그녀는 ‘다시는 올인하지 않는다’고 결심했고, 그런 의지가 강했는지 그 후로는 누군가를 깊이 사랑하기가 어려웠고, 그렇게 3년째 보내고 있는 중이라고 하네요.

“그렇게 상처받고 다시 사랑에 빠지는 건 정말 독하거나 그 사람을 정말 사랑하거나 둘 중 하나일 거예요. 근데 저는 독하지도, 정말 사랑하는 사람을 만나지도 못했네요. 아직은요.

상처라고 생각하면 상처가 되지만,

그냥 넘기면 경험이 된다.

사랑의 상처를 안고 있는 분들은 어떻게 극복하고, 사랑하고 있을까요?

여성1: 맘에 드는 분과 잘 만나고 있는데, 기분이 좋지만은 않다. 이러다가 사라져버릴 것 같아 불안하다. 은연 중에 상처받을까봐 맘 안주고 경계하고 있는 것 같다. 한없이 당당하고 자신만만하던 어린 시절이 그립다. 잘 만나고 있다가 달콤한 말만 남기고 가버린 남자들이 생각나서..

남성1: 상처도 내성이 생기는가보다. 몇 년 전 헤어질 때는 그 여자 아니면 죽을 것 같아 몇 개월을 고생했는데, 지금 그때와 비슷한 경험을 했는데, 그때의 충격보다는 확실히 덜하다. 아마 그녀를 덜 사랑했을 수도 있겠지만, 이제 상처받은 나를 먼저 감싸게 된다.

여성2: 2달 가량 만난 사람이 있는데, 결혼 얘기도 오고가고 깊은 얘기도 많이 했는데. 우리 둘 다 서로 감정이 커지려 할 때쯤. 더 깊이 좋아하게 되면 나중에 내가 받을 상처가 너무 크겠구나, 싶은 마음에 서둘러 정리해버렸다. 그리고 나서 후회하고 있다. 이제 내게 어떤 인연이 남아있는지 모르지만, 용기내서 만나보려고 한다.

남성2: 여친과 헤어진 후 보란듯이 잘 살고 싶었는데, 자신감이 상승되는 게 아니라 자꾸 뒷걸음치게 된다.

여성3: 남자는 첫사랑을 잊지 못하고, 여자는 상처받은 사랑을 잊지 못한다고 한다.

남성3: 사람에게서 상처받고 다시는 상처받지 않으려고 사람을 만나지 않는 것은 어리석은 것 같다. 그것은 나를 스스로 파괴하는 행위니까. 내가 상처라고 생각하는 순간 그건 상처가 되지만, 아직 때가 아니라서 그렇구나, 넘기면 그건 더 이상 상처가 아니고, 경험이 된다고 생각한다.

스스로를 무균실에 가두면

상처도 없지만, 사랑도 없다.

약하게 태어난 아이가 있는 제 친구는 청결에 유난을 떱니다. 아이가 뭐 하나만 만져도 손소독제로 닦이는 건 보통이고, 아이 장난감을 일주일에 2번 이상 소독을 할 정도입니다. 보다 못한 제가 한마디 했습니다. “언제까지 그렇게 아이를 세상으로부터 격리시킬 거야?

그렇잖아요. 적당하게 균도 접해야 몸이 저항력을 기를 수 있는 거지, 피하려고만 한다고 되는 건 아니죠.

사랑도 그런 거 같아요. 사람을 사랑하는 일이 내 몸과 마음을 불사르는 건데, 상처가 왜 안나겠어요? 문제는 그것이 마음의 상처라는 거죠. 또 다시 아프지 않으려고 자기 방어를 하게 되면 스스로를 사랑으로부터 격리된 무균실에 스스로를 가두는 것입니다. 상처는 더 이상 없겠지만, 아팠던 기억을 이겨낼 저항력은 생기지 않아서 그 기억 속에서 벗어나기 어렵고, 새로운 사랑도 어렵습니다.

No Pain, No Gain??

You got hurt by love, and fall in love again?  You have either iron heart or loving heart.

Love, as if you’ve never been hurt before…This is famous verse from a poem that we heard quoted in one of Korean drama.  Is it really possible to love again as if you’ve never been hurt, when you really were? 

We often say about ‘no pain, no gain,’ or ‘overcome love wound with loving heart.’ But we wonder did they really love someone before, as they just talk about these glamorous comments so easily.  The thing in real life is once you get broken heart, then you shut yourself up and don’t let in anyone into your world. 

Here is Miss E.  She was seriously in love with her boyfriend for about 6 months.  They lived apart by.. 4 hourstravel.  But she didn’t mind running to him, when he was busy.  Her boyfriend didn’t have a secure job, and his family background was not good enough either.  People around her were not so enthusiastic about this relationship, saying she is sacrificing too much for this so-and-so guy.  But, she was ready indeed to embrace everything about him.

One day, however, he announced her he wanted to end the relationship.  He didn’t even bother to see her face-to-face to tell about it.  He just wrote her a short text message  saying “… I ain’t good enough for you… sorry I am only a nobody… wish you well… get yourself a a great guy, not like me…”  So, what could she do?  She tried to shake it off and start anew.

But the pay-back for the past 6 months was cruel.  She had body temperatures racing up and down many times a day.  And people say this is pent-up anger, an illness.  With serious wound in her heart, she made up her mind not to take all she has into love again, ever.  She is being single for 3 years now. 

She says “you get hurt by love, and fall back in love again… I think it is either you are iron-hearted, or truly loving-hearted.  For me, I am neither.  Probably, I’ve not met the real love so far, not yet.”

You are wounded.  You don’t overcome it, and it remains a wound.

You overcome it, and it is invaluable experience in your life.

There are singles with love wounds.  How are they doing in overcoming it and finding another love?

Woman 1: I am seeing a guy that I like.  But I am nervous… over the thought he may just disappear from my sight all of sudden.  Probably I am keeping a distance from him for fear of being hurt.  I miss my young days, full of confidence and care-free… I keep remembering those guys in my life who approached me with many sweet talks and left me the next day … just like that.

Man 1:  I am getting used to love wounds.  I broke with a woman a few years ago, and I was deep in pain to death for months.  Now, I get a broken heart again, and I find myself dealing with it better than before.  Perhaps I learnt to consolemyself.

Woman 2: I was seeing a guy for two month.  We were considering marrying each other, and shared a lot of thoughts and emotions.  Then I imagined a breakup with him and the accompanying emotional devastation.  The fear was so great that I hurriedly broke with him.  Now, I am in deep regret.  If I am given another chance of love, I won’t repeat the same mistake. 

Man 2: I broke with my girlfriend, and tried to have a fascinating life, as if to show off to her how great I am doing without her.  But, quite to the contrary, I keep sliding back, with my self-esteem ever going low.

Woman 3: There is a saying that men cannot forget their first love, and women their wounded love. 

Man 3: You may get hurt from other people in life.  But it would be foolish to keep away from people and relationships in life not to get hurt again.  This is so stupid a thought that might destroy yourself.  Although you get wounds in life, it couldjust remain a silly old wound, or it could transform into an invaluable wisdom in life, depending on how well you deal with it.    

Lock yourself into a germ-free room, and there would be no wound, nor love.

A friend of mind has a baby born weak.  This friend of mine is real fussy about the hygiene of this baby.  Every time he (the baby) touches something, he swipes his hands with sanitizer.  He sterilizes his toys several times a week, etc.  One day I couldn’t take it anymore, so confronted him “for how long are you going to keep your kid separated from the world??”

Contacts with germs will strengthen your body, and allow it to fight back those germs and bacteria, etc., instead of hiding away from them forever.

We can say the same for love business.  Love is consuming.  Love burns up your mind and body.  Love hurts.  The thing is, if you refuse to get hurt and become endlessly defensive, it is like locking yourself into a germ-free room, in which there is no wound, no strength, no love, no nothing.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건