결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

내게서 너무 먼 당신

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 05.06.2014 17:46:01  |  조회수: 5041
내게서 너무 먼 당신

“나중에 잘될 때를 생각해서 처음 만날 때 신중해야죠. 그게 까다로운 건가요?
“까다롭긴요. 아무나 덜컥 만났다가 서로 힘들어지기도 하는데요.”“근데, 너무 멀리 있는 분이라 거절했더니 저더러 그렇게 따지다가 노처녀가 된 거라나요.
최근 30대 초반의 직장여성 J씨와 이런 말을 나누었습니다. J씨는 거주지가 너무 먼 사람은
만나고 싶어하지 않는다는데요. 아무래도 거리가 멀면 편안하고 자연스럽게 만나기가 힘들고, 분명 어느 한쪽은 멀리 오느라 힘들고, 다른 한쪽은 그런 게 미안해서 힘들고, 두 사람에게 다 안좋다는 말을 하더군요.
남자 만나는데 거주지까지 따져서 어떻게 하느냐고들 하지만, 제 생각에는 J씨가 참 현실적인 것 같아요. 학벌이나 직장도 중요하지요. 하지만 거주지는 만날 때마다 몸이 느끼고, 마음에 와닿는 부분이잖아요.
여러분들 생각은 어떤가요?

여성1: 차로 30분이 넘어가면 대중교통은 시간이 더 오래 걸린다는 것. 한번 차마시러 오는 거라면 멀어도 상관없지만. 연애는 다르다.
남성1: 나는 그런 경험이 없지만, 서로 멀리 있으면 더 애틋해질 것 같다. 그리고 서로 헤어지기 싫어서 빨리 결혼하지 않을까. 아무래도 주로 움직이는 건 남자쪽이니까 마음에 들면 확 몰아불일 것 같다. 나 같으면.
여성2: 눈에서 멀어지면 마음에서도 멀어진다는 말은 만고의 진리이다. 장거리는 서로를 파악하는 데도 시간이 걸릴 것 같다. 그리고 만나면 집에 갈 걱정도 아울러 해야 하므로 정신적으로도 피곤하다.
남성2: 멀면 자주는 못만나고 한주에 한번 정도 만날텐데, 일이 있어서 한주를 건너뛸 경우 2주 만에 만나게 되는데, 그런 일이 자꾸 생기면 기껏 가까워졌다가 멀어지고, 이렇게 될 것 같다.
여성3: 너무 현실적으로먼 따지면 안되지 않을까. 만나기도 전에 왜 결론부터 내야 하나. 일단 만나보고 서로 마음에 들면 거리를 뛰어넘을 수도 있다. 굳이 가능성을 배제할 필요는 없다.
남성3: 장거리일 경우에는 첫 눈에 반하지 않으면 성사되기 힘들다. 남자는 나중에 어떻게 되더라도 일단 여자가 좋으면 천리길도 마다하지 않는다.
여성4: 나도 남자가 승용차 타고 3시간 달려오는 연애를 한 적이 있다. 이런 경우 예정되지 않은 만남은 힘들다. 자동차 사고가 난 적이 있는데, 남친에게 도움을 청해도 3시간 후에야 올 수 있는 사람이 뭘 해줄 수 있겠나. 연애는 일상생활 속에서 자연스럽게오고 가며 만나는 게 최고다.
남성4: 연애만 한다면 일단은 편해야 하니까 가까운 데가 좋겠지만, 결혼할 사람을 찾는 건데, 거리를 따지는 건 그만큼 기회가 줄어드는 것이다.
여성5: 거리가 가까우면 확 쏠리는 감정이 아니어도 자꾸 만나다 보면 정도 쌓이고, 그래서 결혼하는 커플도 봤어요. 근처 지나다가 만날 수도 있고, 보고 싶다고 불러낼 수도 있고, 아무래도 멀 때보다는 기회가 많지 않겠는가.
남성5: 남들처럼 평범한 연애를 선호한다면 굳이 먼 데 있는 사람을 만나게 되지는 않을 것 같다.
생각이 다양하네요. 전 사랑하는 데 거리가 무슨 문제냐는 말이 많을 줄 알았는데, 의외로
가까운 거리를 선호하는 분들리 많네요. 하긴, 몸이 편해야 마음도 편하니까요. 그래도
편리함을 따지다가 좋은 만남을 못하는 그런 안타까운 상황은 없어야겠지요. 미리 선을 그
어 만나는 것은 제가 생각해도 아쉬움이 남을 것 같아요.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Darling, Far Away From Me

“I only act careful in the beginning so that relationship turns out good and long-term.  So, am I being too careful and too much?”
Not at all.  You may get in trouble by getting too close to anybody too readily.   “I turned down a guy, as he lives too far apart, and others pick up on me saying I am too picky and that’s exactly why I still remain single at this age!”
This is a portion of the conversation I recently had with Ms. J, a career woman in her early 30s.  She doesn’t want to meet someone living too far off.  Her reason: dating in a comfortable setting is not easy for two people living a long distance from each other.  Either one of them has to have hard time driving a long way to have a date, and the other also has hard time feeling sorry and guilty for having the dating partner drive a long way to meet. 
Some may think it is too much of her to mind even the distance in finding a man.  But, I agree with her and believe she is a reasonable and practical one.  Yes, education and/or occupation are important issues to consider in finding a spouse.  But, the residence location and the distance between two people can be no less important, because when they date the couple get to constantly be affected by this physical distance between them.  So, shall we listen to your thoughts on this? 

Woman 1: 30 minutes’ driving means longer hours in public transportation.  If it’s just a cup of coffee, it is okay.  But, if you are in serious relationship, it is different.

Man 1: I think being separated by a distance may make feeling for each other even deeper, although I don’t have such experience myself.  So, the couple may want a marriage soon, as they don’t want to remain separated.  Usually the man drives to the woman’s place.  So, man may rush things into getting married.

Woman 2: There is an all-time saying that “out of the sight, out of the mind.”  It is time-consuming to keep relationship from afar.  Also, the physical distance may wear them off eventually as the couple gets tired to travel back and forth. 

Man 2: Couples living afar may date only once a week or so, sometimes even skip a week, going about two weeks without seeing each other.  This way, the relationship may hardly ripen, and they probably will never get close enough to each other. 

Woman 3: We don’t need to jump to conclusion that it is not going to work.  First they should start dating and trying.  Once their feelings and chemistry start to kick in, they can certainly overcome the physical distance.  So, never say never.

Man 3: When it comes to long distance, it is hard unless they fall in love instantly.  Guys, once their heart is fixated on a girl, wouldn’t care to travel thousands of miles to see her.   

Woman 4: I once dated a man who drove 3 hours to see me.  Under these circumstances, you can only see each other by appointment.  For example, one day I had a car accident.  And what could he do for me when he had to drive 3 hours just to get here?  Dating turns out  the best when the couple live nearby for natural and frequent dating and get-together.

Man 4: It is understandable to seek someone from near locations to have a smooth-sailing relationship.  But, minding the distance too much will only limit your chance to find your future spouse. 

Woman 5: It may not be easy to heat up the relationship if you have to commute a long distance to date your partner.  Chances are that you get to meet your girl/boyfriend more often if you live close by.  You don’t necessarily need to plan your date.  You can just call and say ‘Hey, what’s up?  Can I see you tonight?...’

Man 5: If you want an ordinary regular relationship, you may not want to see someone living in a far-off place.   

Well, we’ve heard a variety of opinions.  Hmm… I simply thought that people would not care that much about the locational distance in finding a love.  But there are diverse views from various people, more than I thought!   Overall, more people definitely prefer their partners living close by.  You need to be physically comfortable first to be mentally satisfied.  Absolutely understandable.  Still, we shouldn’t put this “convenience” factor ahead of anything, even love.  Otherwise, we may not have a chance to meet The One in our life, who was meant for me.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건