결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

좋으면 좋다, 싫으면 싫다, 이것이 최고의 매너

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 01.26.2014 19:08:41  |  조회수: 16467
좋으면 좋다, 싫으면 싫다, 이것이 최고의 매너

A씨는 오늘도 그의 문자에 답을 해주고 말았습니다. 그는 직장동료인데, 몇 년을 친구처럼 지내오다가 얼마 전에 갑자기 고백을 하였다는군요. 하지만 그녀는 마음에 두고 있는 사람이 있고, 그를 이성으로 생각해본 적이 없기 때문에 처음에는 거절을 하였습니다. 그는 몇 년을 지켜보다가 용기를 낸 거라면서 단칼에 자르지 말고, 시간을 두고 생각해보라는 것이었습니다.

그렇게 애절하게 얘기하는데, 거듭 거절할 수가 없었습니다. 그렇게 시간이 좀 흘렀는데, 그는 계속 조심스럽게 그녀에게 다가오는 것을 느낍니다. 그전처럼 고백을 하는 대신 문자로 안부를 전하거나 말없이 그녀 책상 위에 커피를 갖다놓는다거나 하는 식으로 말이지요.

솔직히 A씨의 마음은 변함이 없습니다. 그를 동료 이상으로 생각하지 않으니까요. 하지만 그녀는 친한 동료를 잃고 싶지 않고, 함께 하는 업무가 많은데, 어색하게 지내는 것이 싫어서 딱부러지게 거절하는 게 망설여진다고 합니다.

A씨는 그 남자에게 희망고문을 하고 있습니다. 본인 마음 편하자고 다른 사람을 힘들게 하고 있으니까요. 누군가 이런 말을 하더군요. “자기를 좋아하는 사람에게 할 수 있는 최고의 행동은 같이 좋아하는 것이다. 하지만 만약 그럴 수 없다면 그 다음에 할 수 있는 최선의 행동은 절망을 주는 것이다라고요.

그 사람을 사랑할 수 없다면 그 사람을 위해 해줄 수 있는 최소한의 예의는 그 사람이 자신에 대한 마음을 접고 다른 사람을 찾아 떠날 수 있게 해주는 것입니다. 말로는 그 사람이 상심할까봐 거절할 수 없다고 하지만, 어쩌면 사랑 받고 관심 받는 것을 놓치기 싫어서일 수도 있습니다.

남성1 : 여자들에겐 많은 사람에게 사랑 받고 싶어하는 본능이 있는 것 같다. 헤어졌는데도 술 취할 때마다 나한테 전화를 걸어목소리 듣고 싶다고 얘기를 하면 난 어떻게 할지 모르겠다. 혹시 싶어 나중에 다시 전화를 하면 180도 딴 사람 같다. 나를 잊은 것도 아니고, 마음에 두고 있는 것도 아니고, 그녀 마음을 알 수가 없다. 이러다가 영영 다른 사람을 만나지 못하는 건 아닐까 두렵다.

여성1 : 좋은 감정을 지내던 사람이 어느 날집안에 큰 일이 닥쳐 지금으로서는 그 일을 수습하는 게 우선이다..”라면서 당분간 만나지 말자고 했다. 차라리 내가 싫어졌다고 하면 포기가 될텐데, 그런 식으로 얘기를 하니 마음이 너무 혼란스럽다.

남성 2 : 사람을 알아가는 것도 좋지만, 지나치게 시험하거나 떠보는 것은 참 못할 짓이다.

여성2 : 사실 선택하거나 포기하거나 하는 결정이 쉽지 않을 때가 있다. 혹시나 싶어 만나보고 확인하는 경우도 있으니까. 하지만 그것도 자기 변명일 뿐, 그 결과가 안 좋을 때는 상대에게 큰 상처를 남기니까 결국은 희망고문이다. 그래서 남녀관계는 어려운 것 같다.

남성3 : 그런 경우를 몇 번 당하고 나니 처음부터 확실하게 싫다고 해주는 사람이 고마울 정도이다.

여성3 : 소개팅 받고 애프터를 거절했는데, 오히려 그쪽에서예의상 받아주지 않아서 고맙다고 했다. 거절하고 고맙다는 말을 들은 건 처음이다.

남녀 사이에서 매너는 무조건 잘해주는 게 아닙니다. 좋으면 좋다, 싫으면 싫다, 확실하게 말해주는 것, 그래서 상대로 하여금 오해하고, 실망하고, 시간낭비 하는 일 없게 하는 것이 매너입니다.

20140124.JPG

You don’t like me? Just say so!

A” texted back to him again today.  He is a colleague of hers and was just a friend (at least she thought so.)  One day he abruptly suggested about starting a relationship.  She turned down the offer, as she never thought of him as a boyfriend material.  Also she had another guy in mind.  He wouldn’t give it up and beseeched her to take time and think it over, adding he had waited for years to finally propose to her so couldn’t let go like this.

She didn’t have a heart to say no into his face.  Now it’s been a while and she still senses him orbiting around her.  Instead of downright confession, he is being subtle.  He says hi over text messages or bringing coffee to her desk, etc.

Frankly A’s heart is unchanged.  He is still a mere colleague to her.  And she is also reluctant to clarify to him once and for all that she doesn’t have a slightest intention to be his girlfriend, for she doesn’t want to lose a colleague/friend, and losing this friendship would make it hard and awkward to do the jobs in the office since she and he have a lot of common tasks.

I believe A is now giving this guy a “hope torture”.  She is giving him a false hope so she can stay in a comfortable situation.  Someone put this way: The best thing you do for the person who loves you is to give him back love.  The second best thing is to give him despair if you can’t love him back.”

If you can’t love him back, the least you could do for him is to make him give up on you so he can move on.  You may say “Oh, I don’t want to hurt his feeling, etc.”  However, you probably tie him up by your side because you secretly enjoy being loved and admired while you don’t love him back.

Man 1: Probably it is in women’s gene that they want to be loved by multiple people.  She calls me when she is drunk and says “… just wanted to hear your voice…”  I am really confused, for she is a totally different person now when she is sober.  Either she hasn’t completely got over me, or she doesn’t have any feelings left for me.  I am totally clueless what she is up to.  I keep being swayed back and forth like this, and probably I will never get out of this and get a chance to meet somebody else.

Woman 1: Here is a guy.  We were in relationship for a while.  One day he suggested to stop seeing each other for a while because of a family emergency that required his immediate attention.  It would’ve been better to me if he had said to me down right that “I don’t like you anymore.  Let’s stop seeing each other…”  He has given me false hope and it is much too confusing and painful.

Man 2:  It is okay to check up on a person, but testing or spying on a person is a mean thing to do.

Woman 2: Sometimes, it is hard to decide whether to stay IN or OUT.  You just aren’t sure so that you see the guy again to make sure of your feeling.  Well, this may be only a self-justification.  Whatever your intention is, it is only a “hope torture” to the other.  Relationship is like putting together pieces of a difficult puzzle.

Man 3:  I was a victim of hope torture on several occasions.  Now I am grateful to the one who says into my face that “you are not my type.”

Woman 3: I was introduced to a guy, who wanted to keep seeing me.  As I declined his proposal, he actually thanked me saying “thank you for your honesty.  At least you did not accept my proposal out of a mere courtesy…”

In a relationship b/w man and woman, just being nice isn’t going to work.  Being honest with your partner about your feelings may be painful, but the best thing to do, for the sake of your partner!
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건