결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

사귀자는 말 안한다고 그가 나를 좋아하지 않는 걸까

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 12.08.2013 21:31:54  |  조회수: 12826
사귀자는 말 안한다고 그가 나를 좋아하지 않는 걸까?

20대 후반의 J씨는 한달 전쯤에 남성을 소개받았습니다. 공교롭게도 두 사람의 생일이 며칠 차이라서 서로 생일을 축하해주면서 뜻깊은 시간을 보냈고, 몇 번의 데이트도 즐거웠다고 하네요. 얼마 전부터 J씨는 그가 언제 사귀자는 말을 할까, 기다리고 있는데, 도통 그럴 기미가 안 보인다는데요. 더 기다려야 할지, 정리를 해야 할지 고민이라고 합니다.

저는 그분 말씀 들으면서 2가지 생각을 했습니다. 본인도 호감이 있는 건데, 그렇다면 왜 먼저 마음을 보이지 않고, 상대의 고백을 기다리는 걸까? 상대가 만일 끝까지 사귀자고 안하면 그냥 정리하면 되는 건가? 아직도 남자가 먼저 고백해야 한다고 생각하세요?

또 하나, 사람마다 확신을 갖고 마음을 정하는 시간은 다릅니다. 만나서 한 달이면 고백을 해야 한다는 건 혼자만의 생각일 뿐이지요. 그 남성은 생각보다 더 신중하게 생각하는 사람일런지도 모르지요.

여자1: 애태우지 말고 슬쩍 떠보는 게 어떨까? 시간이 갈수록 상처는 더 커진다.
남자1: 그냥 물어보면 되는 거 아닌가. 그 남자 마음이 아니라면 어차피 헤어지는 건데 자존심은 문제 안된다. 만일 사귀게 되면 좋은 거고.

여자2: 말이 쉬워서 물어보라고 하지. 여자 입장에서 그런 말 참 안나온다. 아쉬워서 보채는 거 같기도 하고. 내 생각에는 남자의 감정 확인도 중요하지만, 그분이 우유부단한 건지도 확인해봐야 할 것 같다. 확실하게 안하고 그냥 좋다, 좋다, 넘어가는 사람이라면 사귀는 것도 재고해봐야 한다.
남자2: 난 한번도 사귀자는 말 하고 사귄 적 없는데. 계속 만나게 되면 그게 사귀는 거 아닌가? 꼭 사귀자고 말을 해야 하나?

여자3: 이런 전술 어떨까? 남자를 초조하게 만드는 거다. 며칠 연락을 안 한다거나 답장을 늦게 한다거나 해서 남자가 신경 쓰이게 만들거나, 평소와 다르게 행동하고 남자의 반응을 보면 알 수 있을 것도 같다.
남자3: 두 사람 생일을 특별하게 보냈다면 그분은 이미 사귀는 걸로 알고 있을지도 모른다. 그렇다면 넌지시우리 사귀는 사이 맞죠?”라는 사인을 보내보면 어떨까?

여자4: 한 달이면 아직 고민하고 있을지도 모른다. 속단하지 말고, 기다려보는 게 좋을 것 같기도..
남자4: 지금껏 만난 여자들 생각해보면 사귀자는 말 안해서 마음 정리한 여자도 있을 것 같다. 사귀자는 말이 없어도 상대방 반응이나 표정 보면 모르나? 어떻게 사람 감정이준비, 시작!” 하듯이 시작되나. 만나면서 친해지면 거지. 그러고 보면 여자들이 좀 소심한 것 같다.

좋아하는 사람이 생기면 머리 속에 계획표가 생기는 사람도 있겠지요. 이만큼 만나고, 이런 프러포즈를 받고.. 하지만 사람 만나는 게 드라마 대본처럼 짜여진대로 흘러가지는 않습니다.
만난 지 한달 만에 프러포즈 안한다고 그 사람이 나를 좋아하지 않는 것도 아니고. 내가 그 사람을 먼저, 혹은 많이 좋아한다고 자존심 상할 것도 아닙니다. 먼저 좋아했으면 그사람도 내 마음 같아질 때까지 기다려주면 되고, 더 많이 좋아하면 그런 사람 만난 것 행복해하면 되는 거고요.

우리는 드라마나 영화 속 러브 스토리에 너무 길들여져 있는 것 같아요. 이제는요. 자신만의 러브 스토리를 만들어 가세요.

20131206-1.JPG

He doesn't say it... meaning he doesn't love me???

J,’ a young lady in late 20s had a blind date with a man.  Their birthdays happened to be only a couple of days apart from each other, and they had a couple of wonderful times together, congratulating on each other’s birthday, etc.  J is anxiously waiting to hear it from him … that he likes her and wants to go on with this relationship.  He doesn’t say a thing.  Now J is in dilemma -  whether to call it a quit or to keep waiting.

While listening to her story, two things came up in my mind. First, why doesn’t she say it first??  Why not showing her feelings first?  Is it really the best solution to call it a quit, if he doesn’t say it first?  Does it have to be the man who confesses first? Hmm…

Another thought.  Each person moves on a different timetable of thoughts.  For some, dating for one month would be long enough period to make up one’s mind.  For others, it simply takes longer (or shorter).  Probably he is a careful type.

Woman 1: Why doesn’t she just test the water, instead of staying anxious… The longer you are this way, the deeper the wound will be…
Man1: Why doesn’t she simply ASK??  If his mind is not actually into her, they can break up.  No big deal, no pride hurt.
Woman 2: Easier said than done.  It’s not easy for a woman to ask the man ‘do you like me, or what?’  This man could be a sincere type, OR he could be an indecisive one.  There are things you should show your clear stance.  If he is the type of dragging on without taking a stance, hmm… you probably should reconsider meeting him.
Man 2:  Although he didn’t say it out loud, his action (i.e. meeting her over times, etc.) speaks for itself.  Does he really need to spell it out?

Woman 3: I suggest this strategy for the woman.  How about keeping him on edge, say, by not responding to his call for a couple of days, or acting differently than usual?  By doing so, she can test his reaction.
Man 3:  So, they had special celebration for each other’s birthday, and so forth, right?  Then he probably meant her to be his girl friend already.  Why doesn’t she just make it sure by asking him “aren’t we….”

Woman 4: It’s been a month, huh?  Probably… he is still thinking.  She’d better not jump to conclusion.  She’d better keep waiting.
Man 4:  I’ve been with several women, and none of them I broke with because I didn’t say it out.  Does it have to be ‘verbal’ confession?  Can’t she take a clue from other things, such as the way he looks at her, his behaviors, reactions, etc..   How can man set his emotion into action at a certain moment, say… ‘FROM NOW ON, I am going to love you..” or something.  Why don’t women give it a time and take it easy?  This couple may spend some more time together, and get closer with passage of time.

If someone happens in your life, you come to create a timetable in your mind, i.e. I wish he propose in a couple of month,… I wish we do this… do that…  But, you know what?  A relationship usually doesn’t go as you wish, nor as planned.

Because he doesn’t propose to you yet after a month, he doesn’t necessarily look for a way out.  Nor is there a self-pride issue to confess to him first.  If you think you love him more than he loves you, what’s the problem?  You can give him some more time so he will come to love you the way you love him.  After all it is a happy moment in life to meet someone you love.

We are not the characters in a fairy tale or in a movie.  We have to write our own love story.
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,104 건