Controller and Accounting manager
We are a well-known and established luggage manufacturer marketing and distributing our products through a variety of retail channels. Our company has an all-encompassing corporate culture valuing and rewarding individual’s initiative and creativity. As a growing industry leader, we currently have openings for the following positions. These positions are located in our corporate office in La Palma, CA.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
· Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
· Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
· Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
· Assist the Controller in the daily banking requirements.
· Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Supports budget and forecasting activities.
· Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
· Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions.
· Responds to inquiries from the Controller, and other managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
· Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
· Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
· Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
· Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
· Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
· Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, California CPA required
• Understanding and exposure to import and wholesale processes
• Wholesale industry experience ONLY
• Highly-skilled in Accounting software, Excel, as well as, modern ERP systems
• Technical Skills and Prior Experience
• Five to seven years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
• Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Sage or other large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
• Ten key by touch required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
• The marginal functions of this position have not been included. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
• Competitive salary
• Medical insurance
• Paid sick days and vacation
• Incentive /Bonus Program
• Job security and growth potential
Please send us your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 개인회원이 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다.
라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다.
This article is written by an individual, and the author is full responsible for its content. The viewer / reader is responsible for the judgments made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of the articles and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using the information.