결혼이야기

이웅진

결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

[글로벌 한국계 사랑이야기] 미국이나 한국이나 결혼 전 고민하는 것은 똑같다.

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 02.19.2018 01:36:07  |  조회수: 3417
 “애써주신 덕분에 결혼하게 되었어요.
      정말 감사합니다. 성공사례비 바로 보낼께요.”

미국에서 사는 한 남성회원이다.
8개월 전에 만나 다음 달 결혼한다는 소식을 전했다.

이 남성은 결혼에 대해 아주 만족하는데,
상대 여성 쪽은 분위기가 조금 다르다.

어머니는 쭈뼛쭈뼛하면서 어렵게 말을 꺼냈다.

“결혼까지 오는데, 힘든 게 많았어요.”

결혼커플이라면 내게 되어 있는 성공사례비 얘기도
꺼내지 않는 게 뭔가 마땅치 않다는 눈치다.

이 커플을 포함해서 올해 초반에 미국에서
다섯 커플 정도가 결혼하게 된다.

후불제로 전환하면서 결혼커플도 늘었다.
예전에는 회비 3000불을 미리 받고, 6명을 소개했다.
지금은 가입비 500. 만날 때마다 50불을 받고,
결혼할 때 2000불을 받는 방식이다.

회원 입장에서는 결과적으로 결혼을 할지, 못할지
모르는 상태에서 3000불을 한꺼번에 내다가
혼하게 되면 성공사례비로 2000불을 내니 부담이 줄어들었다.

“결혼 전에 3000불씩도 냈는데,
결혼할 때 2000불 내는 게 뭐 어려운가요?”

이렇게 큰소리 치다가도 막상 결혼하게 되면
말이 살짝 달라진다.

여성 어머니처럼
뭔가 마음에 안드는 부분이 있으면
선뜻 성공사례비를 내기 싫기도 하고,
아깝기도 하고 그렇다.
그게 사람들 마음이다.
결혼을 앞두면 크고 작은 의견 충돌이 생긴다.
이 커플의 갈등은 거주지 문제였다.
미국은 워낙 넓으니까 한 지역에서 만나면 좋은데,
한국계를 만나려고 하면 여기저기 흩어져 있으니까
서로 떨어져 있는 경우가 많다.

만나려면 어느 한쪽이 이동을 해야 하는데,
그 과정에서 갈등이 생긴 것이다.

이번에 결혼하는 또 한 커플의 경우,
미국은 결혼할 때 결혼자금이 많이 안들지만,
집 문제로 고민했다.
두 사람의 직장이 서로 멀리 떨어져 있는데,
집을 중간 지점에 할지, 어느 한쪽에 가깝게 할지,
그것부터 의견이 달랐다.

남성은 자신이 늦게 퇴근하는 날이 많고,
또 여성이 외부 활동이 많아서 사무실에 없는 경우가
많다는 이유로 자기 직장 가까운 곳에 집을 구했으면 했다.

여성은 그런 남성의 생각이 합리적이라고 생각하면서도 서운했다고 한다.

“나를 배려해주지 않는다는 생각이 들더라고요.
그러다 보니 집 구조가 마음에 안든다,
주방이 불편하다. 이런 저런 이유를 만들어서
심술을 부리게 되더라고요.
나 왜 이러지, 하면서도요.”

세 번째 커플은
두 사람 다 미국에 살고 있고, 부모님은 한국에 계신다.
두 사람은 직장에서 3주 휴가를 받아
부모님 상견례를 겸해서 결혼식을 할 예정이다.

미국에서는 아무 문제 없이 좋았는데,
한국에서 양가 부모님이 인사하는 과정에서
오해도 생기고, 서로의 입장 차이로 인해
불만이 쌓이게 되었다.

“서로 좋아하면 결혼할 수 있을 줄 알았는데,
왜 이렇게 복잡한 게 많을까요?
이러다가 결혼할 수 있을지 모르겠어요.”

1주일 전 남성이 전화로 하소연했다.
미국에서 13년 동안 결혼하는 커플을 1000명 이상 보면서
미국이나 한국이나 만나고, 연애하고, 결혼하는 과정은 같다는 걸 새삼 느낀다.

미국은 거리가 머니까 3-4시간 이동하는 것을
아무렇지도 않게 생각하지만,
한국에서는 큰 고민거리가 되는데,
이런 지역적 특성으로 인한 차이를 빼면
결혼을 결정하고 나면
고민이 많아지고, 예민해지기도 한다.
100% 만족한 결혼은 없다는 말이다.

회원들은 처음 하는 고민이지만,
우리들로서는 이런 부분이 익숙해서
상담 전화를 받으면 다들 겪는 문제다라고 얘기해준다.

많은 고민을 하고,
서로 생각을 맞춰가면서
해답을 찾는 것은 당연한 과정이다.
결혼 전에 이런 과정이 없으면
결혼 후에 고민에 부딪힌다.

A와 문제가 있어서 포기하고 B를 만나면
또 다른 문제가 생긴다.
그러니까 어떤 문제가 발생하면
안맞는 것 같다고 성급한 결론을 내리지 말고,
다들 겪는 상황이라고 받아들이는

유연한 태도가 필요하다.

16-한국이나미국이나결혼은같다.jpg

A pre-marriage deliberation is the same in Korea and in the States.

“Thank you very much for your effort. I got married now. I will send the check right away.”

A certain man living in the States sent me this message. He met his partner 8 months ago through Sunoo, Inc., and will marry some time in next month. This man is much satisfied with the planned marriage but the partner’s feeling is somewhat different. The mother of the woman muttered.

“There were so much difficult situations up until this point.”

She did not even mention the commission. I got the feeling that the mother had sort of grievances. Sunoo, Inc. helped 5 couples marry in the States early this year.

The commission is now payable when the marriage is successful. In old times 6 partners were introduced when $3000.- earnest money was paid in advance.  The commission is now $500.- earnest money in advance, and $50.- for each partner introduction and $2000.- payment when the marriage is successful. The burden for members got much reduced because they had to pay $3000.- in advance without knowing if it is going to be successful in the old system but now they are only to pay $2000.- when the marriage is successful.

“The members used to pay $3000.- without knowing the success of marriage in the old system. It’s easy and sure way to pay $2000.- when marriage is successful, isn’t it”

Some members brag adamantly. They, however, stealthily change the braggadocio. Like the above-mentioned mother of the bride, some members do not want to pay the commission in rear and feel that money is kind of waste. Maybe that’s the mentality of some people.

If a member are engaged and planning a marriage, he/she will have lots of hectic stuffs. One couple had a difficult decision-making about the residence. The States is such a humongous country. When an ethnic Korean man meets the partners, it is often times very difficult the man to meet the partners from the same places. It’s rather from places far away.  It is a must to get together to marry and live together, and this makes the bride/bridegroom move their residence places. This situation gets entangled sometimes.

A couple who are to marry soon had a difficult decision-making about buying a home. The work places of the couple were far away from each other, and the couple had different ideas about the location of their future home. The point was whose work places should be closer/farther to the future home.

The bridegroom wanted the home should be closer to his work place because many times he comes back home quite late and the bride does not need be present in the work place quite often. The bride was, however, unsatisfied even though she thought her man’s idea was reasonable.

“I thought that I had not got the thoughtful consideration anyways. Therefore, I made grievances about the model of the house and the kitchen and etc. while I ask myself why I make such silly grievances.”

A third couple is living in the States and their parents are living in Korea. The couple would get 3 week leaves and would have their first parents’ meeting in marriage ceremony. They had no problem at all in the States. While their parents were meeting for the first time, there came out the different attitude and misunderstanding followed by accumulated discontent. The bridegroom whined about the marriage.

“I thought that I could marry when I love. Why is this so complicated anyways? I am worried I may not be able to marry at last?”

My experience as a match-maker for 13 years and 1000 marriage success makes me feel that it is the same in the States and in Korea for partners to meet, fall in love, and marry. People in the States may not care much about 3 – 4 driving because it is such a large country. People in Korea, however, may this much driving time seriously. Whatever the environmental difference is, it is the same that people think and rethink and re-rethink about the marriage decision, and get nervous. In other word, there is no 100% satisfied marriage.

The members may have this kind of agony for the first time. The match-makers are, however, experienced expert about such stuffs, and would say when they are consulted about this matter.

“C’est la vie. (Such is the life.)”

A marriage is not the endpoint but an on-going process. The process requires the couple to solve difficult entanglement. If there is no such process before the marriage, the problems will show up after marriage. If you don’t want to face a problem and thus avoid, I am sure you will face another serious problem. Therefore, a hasty decision such as “He/she may not be my partner.” may not be the solution. It is necessary to have flexibility and openness in mind.

♥선우공식블로그
http://blog.naver.com/sunoo1111

♥커플닷넷
http://www.couple.net

♥페이스북
https://www.facebook.com/sunoo.weddingTV

♥인스타그램
https://www.instagram.com/sunoo.weddingTV

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 다음