그간의 과정을 보면 당연한 결과였다.

그랬는데, 어느 날 느닷없이 남성의 어머니가 전화를 했다.
“사장님. 이 만남 절대 안됩니다. 다 무효로 해주세요.”
“네? 아니 갑자기 무슨 일로...”

“난 아이 낳을 생각 없는 사람을 절대 며느리로 들일 수 없습니다.
우리 아들 2대 독자예요. 아이를 안낳다니요?”

nokid.png

너무 어이없고 황당해서 말을 채 잇지 못하는 어머니의 얘기를 정리해보면,
아들과 결혼얘기가 오가던 A가 결혼은 해도 아이를 낳을 생각이 없다고 했다는 것이다.

곧바로 여성과 통화를 했다.

“사실 저도 고민 많이 했어요. 좋은 분 소개해주셨고, 느낌 통하는 분이라 결혼 생각까지 했으니까요.”
“그렇다면 다시 한번 생각해보면 어떨까요?”
“오래전부터 해온 생각이에요. 서로 좋아하면 이해될 수도 있다고 생각했는데, 그분만의 문제가 아니니까요,”

그녀의 생각은 확고했다.
남성에게 양해를 구했다.

“자꾸 뒤돌아보게 되지만, 서로의 생각과 가치관이 다른데, 어떻게 하겠습니까?.”

여운이 남는 그의 목소리가 한동안 마음에 남았다. 
자식을 낳는 게 당연하고, 자식에게 큰 가치를 두는 사람도 있지만,
이렇게 자신의 삶에서 의미를 찾는 사람도 있다.
특히 출산 당사자인 여성에게서 그런 변화가 두드러지고,
여기에 동조하는 남성들도 늘고 있다.

Global Love Story 21st century’s marriage trend that permits no child contract

It happened some time ago.  Ms. A is a so-called Gold Maid. She has graduated from a renowned university, is getting 6 digit paychecks, and is entitled to affluence in the device from her parents. She also has a fantastic appearance due to a long time yoga practices. All the doors in the marriage market were wide open to this lady who was born in 1985, and was nothing short of anyways.

I introduced an equivalent quality of prospective bridegroom Mr B to her. The two liked each other at the first glance.  Mr B was shivering in excitement after the first encounter.

“My hobby is enjoying classical fine art, and he told me that he is a good artist. I felt that I was snug and familiar even at the first meeting.

Ms A told me that her partner’s first impression was awesome, and the topics of talk were the better. 

“It is very rare that any man is interested in fine art except those who majored it in university.

I did not expect that, either. It is my first experience that I met such a fantastic man.
Mr B was the first son, and had two younger sisters. He was tall and slender, and was to inherit his parents’ business soon. I expected that these two would make a fantastic couple because they were compatible in their characters and were communicating very well.
As the meetings went on, there came the talks of marriage. Maybe it is the expected results. One day, however, the mother of Mr B called me and begged me on the phone.

“Mr Lee, this meeting is impossible. Please make it null and void.” 
“Ma’am, what is the matter? What went wrong with this matter?”
“It’s impossible for me to have a daughter-in-law who would not have children. My son is a second-generation only child. How can these two be compromised?

She was too much astounded to keep her talks. The mother’s worry was that she heard Ms A had no inclination of having children even though she had the willingness to marry Mr B.
I called Ms A right after the talk.

“I fell also deep in agony. I liked Mr B, and thought of him as compatible as it can be. “
“How do you think of changing your mind? ”
“I thought of such matter from long time ago. If couples love each other, sort of different things, I thought, would be solved in time. But this problem is beyond Mr B’s control, isn’t it?

She was steadfast.
I called Mr B, and asked.

“How would you bridge over such different thoughts and values?

Mr B’s answer remained for a long time as a lingering reverberation.
It may sound reasonable to some to have children and raise them with love, while others find the value of living in themselves rather than in the future generations. Especially increasing number of woman who can only bring forth the children into this world has such an idea, and the number of man who supports such idea is increasing, too.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건