• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

침묵보다는 수다 - 부부사랑의 묘약

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 10.25.2015 12:46:27  |  조회수: 6554

침묵보다는 수다. 부부 사랑의 묘약

그녀의 이야기

과묵함이 좋았다. 내 남편 말이다. 말로 하지 않아도 눈빛으로 상대를 압도하는 남자다움이 남편에게는 있었다. 내가 남편과 결혼을 결심한 이유도 바로 이런 과묵함 때문이었다. 하지만 결혼한 지 1년도 안된 지금, 남편의 최고 매력이라고 생각했던 그 과묵함이 얼마나 나를 답답하게 만드는지 모른다. 내가 판 함정에 내가 빠졌다는 생각을 할 정도이다.

우리는 만난 지 6개월 만에 결혼했는데 우리의 관계는 거의 내가 주도적으로 이끈 편이다. 남편이 워낙 말이 없다 보니 만나면 거의 내가 일방적으로 말을 했고, 지금도 매사 내가 북치고 장구 치고 한다. 교제기간도 짧은데다 남편이 워낙 말수가 적기 때문에 아직도 남편에 대해 구체적으로 아는 것이 별로 없다. 좋아하는 음식도, 감명깊게 본 영화도, 그의 꿈도.

내가 남편을 좋아하게 된 것은 그 전에 만났던 남자의 성격이 전혀 다르기 때문이다. 전에 만났던 남자는 사사건건 참견하기 좋아 했고, 나의 모든 것을 소유하고, 지배하려 들었다. 나는 그에게서 벗어나고 싶었고, 그러다가 남편을 만났다. 남편은 나를 자유롭게 해주었다. 내가 하는 말을 다 들어 주었고, 내가 하고 싶은 것을 하게 해 주었다. 난 그렇게 넓은 가슴을 가진 남편과 결혼했으니 자유롭게 살 수 있으리라 기대했다.

하지만 나는 자유롭지 않다. 물론 남편은 내게 무한한 자유를 주지만, 그 자유는 오히려 나로 하여금 남편의 사랑을 의심하게 하고, 결혼생활의 행복에 목마르게 한다. 간혹 서로 의견이 달라 싸움 직전까지 갈 때가 있다. 그렇 때 남편은 늘 미안하다는 말 한마디로 상황을 종료 시킨다. 웃는 얼굴에 침 못 뱉는다고, 미안하다고 하는 사람에게 뭐라고 하겠는가. 나는 차라리 남편이 고함을 지르거나 자기 하고 싶은 말을 해서 속을 드러내 주었으면 좋겠다.

나는 너무 외롭다. 여전히 남편을 사랑한다. 그의 말줄임표에 담긴 뜻을 모르는 건 아니다. 그래도 나는 사랑에 목마르다.

정미나, , 27, 주부, 서울 거주

남자다운 사람이 좋은 남편이 되지 말라는 법은 없다. 하지만 그 멋진 연인이 과연 남편이 되어서도 언제, 어디서나 어깨와 품을 내어줄지 생각해봐야 한다.

부부의 행복을 가로막는 가장 큰 적은 대화 단절이다. 남들이야 말없는 미나씨의 남편을 과묵하고 진중한 사람이라고 하겠지만, 정작 그 아내의 속은 썩어 들어간다. 가장 나쁘고 위험한 부부관계 유형이다. 부부도 각각 인격과 개성을 가진 독립된 개체이니, 서로의 생각과 마음을 속속들이 알 수는 없다. 그렇더라도 부부로 살아가기 위해서는 어느 정도 공감대가 형성되어야 하며, 지속적인 대화를 통해 서로를 알고 있어야 한다.

서로 말만 잘 통하면 이혼사유 1, 2위를 다툰다는 성격차이나 성적 부조화도 얼마든지 극복할 수 있다. 일본에서 얼마 전 30-40대 주부 609명을 대상으로 성생활 실태를 조사한 바 있다. 남편과의 성생활이 매우 즐겁다고 답변한 주부들의 하루 평균 부부 대화시간은 2시간 이상인 반면, “전혀 즐겁지 않다는 쪽은 30분에 불과했으며, 이들의 39%는 불륜을 경헙했다고 한다. “매우 즐겁다는 주부의 경우 불륜경험 비율은 8%였다. 우리의 얘기는 아니지만, 사람 사는 모습은 어디나 다 비슷하지 않은가. 결국 대화를 많이 하는 부부가 성생활은 물론 두루두루 원만하다는 얘기다.

대화 단절은 서로에 대한 배려, 대화의 자세나 타이밍 등 기술적인 면이 중요한 원인이 된다. 꽤 금실 좋기로 소문난 어느 부부의 경우, 그 아니는 아무리 화난 일이 있어도 아침 시간만큼은 꾹 참는다고 한다. 행여 다투기라도 하고 출근하면 하루종일 기분이 안 좋고, 일하는 데도 차질이 있기 때문이다.

결혼이란 혹 마음에 안 드는 상대를 만나도 두어 시간 꾹 참으면 되는 미팅과는 전혀 다르다. 감정을 억누르고, 하고 싶은 말 안하면서 몇 년이나 살 수 있겠는가? 미국의 해학시인 오그딘 내시의 시 중에는 결혼이란 잔에 사랑을 가득 채우고 싶으면 잘못했을 때 인정하고, 옳았을 때 침묵하라는 구절이 있다. 물론 입을 다물어야 할 때도 있지만, 부부에게 침묵은 금(Gold)이 아니라 오히려 금(금할 금)이다.

Loudmouth is Better Than Tight-lipped

Her Story

I liked this silent guy. This guy became my husband. He didn’t talk much, but his manly strong stare spoke more than a thousand words. This is the very reason why I married him. It has been barely a year since we got married, and this very trait of my husband, which got me fall for him so much, is the very source of my present frustration. I even think probably I fell into the grave I dug up myself.

We married after dating for about six months. I was usually the one who led our relationship. He was so speechless that I usually talked unilaterally, and even now I am the lone talker in our marriage life. We didn’t spend a sufficiently long dating period and he barely opened his mouth. So I don’t know much about him yet, i.e. what food he enjoys, what were his favorite movies, what is his dream in life, etc.

I became fond of my husband in the beginning, because he showed exactly the opposite character from that of my ex-boyfriend. This boyfriend of mine was noisy, bossy and domineering. I was trying to get out of his control and that was when I met my husband. My husband set me free. He was all ears and listened to me always and let me have my way always. I was in happy anticipation that once I married him my marriage life would be full of freedom and happiness.

Now I don’t feel free or happy. Of course my husband let me have freedom as much as I want. But such generosity of his makes me suspicious of his love, and thirst for satisfaction. At times we disagree on issues and get about to quarrel over them. My husband always snaps off the situation by saying “Sorry, I was wrong” and walks away from it. What am I supposed to say in the face of his apologetic smile! I wish he’d rather blast out and say it out loud what’s in his mind.

I am so lonely. I still love him. I know he doesn’t mean to shut me out. Still, I thirst for love.

M* * Chung, Female, Aged 27, housewife, living in Seoul

Tight-lipped man isn’t necessarily a dull husband. The biggest enemy to happiness of a couple is lack of communication. Others may praise her husband as a man of men. But Mrs. Chung, his wife, is ailing in heart. This might be one of the worst types of a husband-wife relationship. Although you cannot share completely just about everything with your spouse, certainly there should be a formation of common grounds for a couple to live together on. This is only possible through continuous conversation between the two.

Once this communication channel starts in motion, the so-called top divorce reasons such as differences in personality or sexual discord can be overcome. Recently in Japan, there was a survey on 609 Japanese housewives in 30s and 40s. As for the question if they had pleasure in sex with their husband, those with positive answer spent 2/more hours a day talking with their husband, whereas those with ‘not pleased at all’ spent only 30 minutes’ conversation with their husband on a daily average. 39% of this displeased group had extra-marital affairs, whereas only 8% of the ‘pleased’ group had affairs. This outcome shows that communicating couples also share healthy sex life. It doesn’t matter whether you live in Japan or in Korea. People are the same more-or-less regardless of where you live.

Interruption of communication is attributable to lack of consideration for the other, poor attitude or timing, etc. I know a couple who are known to be ‘lovebirds.’ The wife makes a point of not offending her husband no matter what in the morning as he leaves for work although she may be pretty much pissed off on something. By not disturbing the husband’s mood in the morning, she says, this may prevent him from causing troubles or inter-personal problems outside home due to his spoiled mood.

Marrying a person is different from just dating the person. If your partner turns out to be a jerk while dating, you can tolerate a couple of hours, go home and never meet him again. However, you cannot do this in marriage. Ogden Nash, an American poet, once wrote in his poem that: “To keep your marriage brimming with love in the loving cup, whenever you’re wrong, admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up.” Yes, there are moments you’d rather shut up. But in a marriage, silence may Not ALWAYS BE A GOLD.  

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 다음

사람찾기

행사/소식

렌트&리스

비지니스