상대를 분석하지 말고,

마음 가는대로 하세요.

이제 만남을 시작한 분들에게서 종종 이런 질문을 받곤 합니다.

만남에서 얘기가 뜸해질 일어나자고 얘기하면 상대가 불쾌해 하나요?”

남자가 바래다 준다고 해서 괜찮다고 하면 자기를 마음에 안들어 한다고 생각하나요?”

전화보다는 문자를 많이 하는 마음에 없다는 아닌가요?”

그럴 때마다 저는 이렇게 대답합니다.

분석하지 말고, 마음 가는대로 하세요상대가 좋으면 좋게 생각하고, 아니면 아닌 거고요.”

만남 초기에는 상대의 한마디, 행동 하나 하나가 신경이 쓰이는 당연합니다하지만 이성을 마주한 청춘남녀의 복잡 미묘한 말과 행동을 어떻게 규정하고 공식화 있겠어요?  물론 상대의 마음을 배려해야 하지만, 파고 들어 분석하는 것은 자칫 좋아질 수도 있는 관계를 그르칠 위험이 있답니다.

정보의 홍수 속에 살다 보니 연애지침서도 많더군요귀에 착착 감기는 용어로 부러지게 A A이고 B B라고 정리해 주니 연애 초보들이 애용하고 있다는데요.

어떤 여성은 이런 분을 만났다고 합니다 만남에서 늦도록 한잔 마시고, 쫄쫄 굶겨서 들여 보내길래 매너 없다고 생각했는데, 알고 보니 연애 지침서에 처음 만나 먹으면 잘안된다고 해서 그렇게 했다는 겁니다.

이런 행동은 마음을 글기는 커녕 상대가 오해하기 십상이지요 만남이라고 먹으면 안되고, 몇시간씩 같이 있으면 안되나요 되면 밥도 먹을 있고, 마음에 들면 2, 3차도 있는 거지요.

진심으로 상대를 알려는 노력이

필요한 것이 남녀관계

5-6 전으로 기억합니다외국의 수학자가 사랑의 수학공식이라는 내놨는데요.  12명을 딱지놔야 진짜 사랑을 찾는다나요, 사랑을 찾기 위해서는 수학적 접근이 필요한데, 자신이 원하는 이상적인 요소가 외모, 인성, 유머감각, 경제력 등인지 12명을 만나본 결정하라는 입니다그런 과정을 거쳐 만난 사람이 진짜 사랑이라는 거지요

문득 이런 궁금증이 생기더라고요.

‘12명을 5, 10년에 걸쳐 만나게 된다면 노처녀, 노총각으로 늙어야 하나?’

‘13번째 사람은 무조건 사람인가?’

‘12명을 만났는데, 나중에 보니 사람이 좋다는 판단이 들면?’

수학자는 이성을 많이 만나 봐야 자신이 원하는, 혹은 자신에게 어울리는 이성상에 대한 안목이 생긴다는 뜻일텐데, 12명이라고 단정지으니 그것이 함정이 수도 있다는 거지요.

좋은 만남을 위해 많이 고민하고 과정에서 소위 연애고수들의 조언도 참고하는데요세상에는 다양한 사람이 존재하거든요.  1000명과 연애를 했다고 한들, 새로운 사람을 만난다면 상대는 1000명의 데이터로 해석이 가능한 아니라 모든 다시 세팅해서 시작해야 가능성이 높습니다.

그러니 여자가 좋아하는 향수, 내지는 남자 마음 훔치는 , 이런 달달 외우기보다는 진심으로 상대를 알려고 하는 노력이 필요한 것이 남녀관계인 같네요.

Romance Formula? It’s in YOU!

Don’t analyze your partner.   Just follow your heart!

These are the questions I get from new members to the romance business.

“Would it be rude to call it a day first, in the first night out”

“If I decline the offer to walk me home, would guys take it as a sign to dump him?”

“Would texting instead of calling mean I am not interested…?”

My answer to those question is the same. 

“Don’t try to analyze. Just use your common sense and follow your heart.  If it is meant to me, it IS meant to be.  If it isn’t, so be it. “

It is fully understandable that in the beginning stage of a relationship, both persons are super sensitive about every tiny word and action coming out of their partner.  But, there simply isn’t an all-around single formula that applies to every different person and situation.  It is nice to try to figure out each other’s mind by analyzing and interpreting, etc… but be aware that too much of this might jeopardize, rather than strengthen, your burgeoning relationship.

We are truly living amid floods of information, and there are numerous books and ‘how-to’ manuals about romance.  Their theories are so clear-cut and convincing to romance novices, so they welcome them ardently.  

A lady I know once met this guy.  At their first blind date night, they spent so many hours over a cup of coffee until they called it a day.  And she was starved!  She thought “wow, what an insensitive jerk!”  Later this guy had a chance to explain this to her that he read in a book that he was not supposed to have meal together at a first date.”  Ha, ha..

This could’ve ended up in a broken relationship, rather than creating a good impression.  What kind of rule on earth is that you should not dine together when you spend hours together during dinner time?

In relationship, you need a true heart to know your partner.

It was probably 5-6 years ago that a mathematician came up with a “mathematical formula to love.”  In his theory, this scholar states that you need to dump 12 partners before landing on a true love.  He further claims that you need a mathematical approach to find your true love, in which you have to see 12 people to check upon yourself what you really want in your ideal partner i.e. appearance, personality, sense of humor, wealth, etc.,  before you finally meet the one you’ve really wanted always. 

Do you buy that?  I am not so sure.

“How many years would it take to meet 12 partners?... Should you be prepared to spend all those years to finally meet your destiny?”

“Is there a guarantee that after going through 12 persons, the 13thperson should be the ONE?”

Probably this mathematician only meant that you need certain amount of experience to form an insight to pick your best partner.  But the entrapment is the number 12, so people may tend to fall for it, as if it is a sort of magic number. 

Of course, you give it a lot of thoughts how to make your relationship work, and listen to others who have gone the ways before you.  But, remember.  There are all kinds of diverse people in the world.  Consider you’ve met 1,000 partners so far, and you haven’t met people with the same characters, not even once. 

So, instead of cramming yourself with how-to-steal-heart, how-to-this, how-to-that, etc… , just keep yourself true to your heart and focus on the person right before you.  I believe that is the best formula there is for a real relationship to start and thrive. 

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건