결혼정보회사 선우 대표

• 현) 웨딩TV 대표이사
  • 전) 우송 정보 대학 웨딩이벤트학과 겸임교수
phone_android 213-435-1113
sunoola

짧은 연애, 괜찮을까

글쓴이: sunwoo  |  등록일: 06.23.2014 10:28:37  |  조회수: 6307

짧은 연애, 괜찮을까?

제 주변에10년 연애하다가 결혼한 커플이 있습니다. 결혼한 지 1년 되었는데, 신혼의 재미가 어떠냐고 물었더니 “연애기간까지 합쳐서 11년 산 것 같은데, 신혼은 무슨 신혼이냐?”고 핀잔을 하더군요. “왜.. 연애랑 결혼은 전혀 다르지. 부부로 사는 건데, 억지로라도 신혼 누려야지..”라고 했더니 “연애를 너무 오래 해서 속속들이 아니까 결혼해서 하나씩 알아가는 신선함이 없다”고 합니다.

물론 개인차가 있겠지만, 이 말도 나름 일리가 있는데, 그렇다면 짧은 연애가 더 나은 면도 있는 걸까요? 연애는 적어도 4계절을 다 만나보고 결혼하라는 말도 있잖아요. 긴 연애, 짧은 연애, 여러분들 생각은 어떠신가요?

여성1: 난 만난 지 2개월 만에 결혼하고, 바로 임신을 해서 1년 동안 만나고, 결혼하고 출산까지 다 하게 될 것 같다. 연애기간이 짧아선지 결혼해서도 연애하는 기분이 든다.

남성1: 연애가 아니라 선으로 만난 사이는 짧게 만나는 것이 더 좋은 것 같다. 상대에 대한 기대치가 있다 보니 연애기간이 길어지면 그 부분을 극복하지 못하고 깨지는 경우를 많이 봤다. 4-6개월 안에 결혼하는 것이 최선인 것 같다.

여성2: 연애기간이 짧으면 부담을 느낄 틈도 없이 결혼한다. 결혼에 대해 이상이 높으면 결정하는 데 지나치게 신중할 수 있다. 그렇게 되면 심리적으로 엄청난 압박과 부담을 느끼게 된다. 하지만 사귄 지 얼마 안되어 결혼하면 그런 부담을 느낄 틈도 없다.

남성2: 연애가 짧아서 상대를 잘 파악하지 못한다는 건 아닌 것 같다. 오히려 상대를 더 냉철하게 파악할 수 있다고 생각한다. 연애가 길어지면 실망감이 들고, 뭔가 맞지 않는다는 생각이 들어도 그동안의 관계가 있어서 올바른 선택을 하지 못하는 경우도 있다. 하지만 만난 지 오래되지 않으면 서로 복잡하게 얽힌 게 없고, 정도 안쌓였기 때문에 더 냉철하고, 정확하게 파악할 수 있다.

여성3: 가장 일반적인 생각으로는 연애기간이 짧으니까 결혼해도 연애하는 기분으로 살 수 있지 않을까? 부부이면서도 연인 같은 느낌이 드니까 적어도 아이 태어나기 전까지는 좋을 것 같다.

남성3: 짧은 연애는 상대를 잘 모르는 상태이므로 결혼해서 실패한 확률이 높지 않을까 하는 걱정도 한다. 하지만 오랜 기간 교제하고 결혼하는 커플들은 처음부터 결혼을 전제로 사귄 것이 아니라 오래 교제한 결과 결혼한 것이다. 하지만 성인인 이상 6개월 정도면 웬만큼 서로 파악할 수 있지 않을까? 그리고 결혼에 실패하는 많은 경우는 뭔가 문제가 있더라도 대충 얼버무리다가 수년이 지난 후에 문제가 커진 결과이다.

여성4: 결혼에서 심사숙고만이 능사는 아닌 것 같다. 너무 계산하고, 고민하다가 좋은 사람 놓치는 경우 많이 봤다. 세상 남자들 다 만나보고 결혼할 수는 없지 않나. 이만하면 괜찮지 않을까 하는 시점에서 결단도 필요한 것 같다.

남성4: 내 아는 38세 남자가 34세 여자랑 선을 본 첫 날,. 웬만하면 결혼하자는 말을 했다고 들었을 때 처음에는 이해가 안갔는데, 여러 사람 만나다 보면 새로운 사람 만나는 것에 지칠 것 같다. 좀 괜찮다 싶으면 결정하는 게 더 현명한지도 모르겠다.

빠른 결정이 좋다고 일반화하는 것 무리가 있겠지요. 하지만 짧은 연애도 그 나름대로의 이유가 있는 것이고, 당사자들도 신중한 판단의 결과입니다. 남녀관계라는 것이 오래 만난다고 파악을 잘하는 건 아닙니다. 그렇게 치면 오래 연애해서 결혼하면 다 잘 살아야하는데, 그렇지 않으니까요.

제 생각으로는요. 결혼은 많은 변수가 작용합니다. 연애할 때는 안나타나던 부분이 함께 살면서 드러날 수도 있고, 연애상대로는 좋은데, 결혼상대로는 적합하지 않은 사람도 있으니까요. 중요한 건 연애기간의 길고 짧음이 아니라 결혼결정을 할 때 변수가 적은 사람, 그러니까 안정적인 사람인지를 잘 파악해야 할 것 같습니다.

Short span of dating and get married … Is that alright?..

Here is a couple I know.  They dated for 10 years before getting married.  About the first anniversary of their marriage, I asked them “how’s your honeymoon period going?”  They retorted “what honeymoon??  We’ve been together for 11 years!”  So, I said back “dating and living together are different, aren’t they?”  And they responded “nothing new.  We know each other so well.  Nothing new and exciting…” 

I find a point in what say.  So, does it mean that shorter span of pre-marriage relationship works better?  Some say that you should date the person at least throughout the 4 seasons to know it all.  What are your thoughts? 

Woman 1: I married my husband after two months’ dating, and got pregnant right after marriage.  I guess I handled dating, marrying and having baby within a year.  Probably because we dated only for a few months before getting married, we feel like we are still dating. 

Man 1:  If you are in a relationship, not on your own, but in an arranged matchmaking, it’d be good to have shorter span of dating before marriage.  The longer the dating period, the higher the expectation toward each other.  I’ve seen many couples of arranged matchmaking going awry because of this problem.  The best would be to get married in 4-6 months. 

Woman 2: It’d be good to get married soon enough before dating turns into a burden.  The higher the expectation for marriage, the harder for you to decide.  A lot of pressure and burden, psychologically and else… But, if you get married shortly after seeing the person, there is no time to have those pressures and burden build up. 

Man 2:  It is not always true that you don’t know enough about the other person, because you’ve seen her long enough.  Quite to the contrary, as the dating period prolongs, you may be disappointed, or start seeing things you don’t like about the other person.  Yet, you may be forced to stay with the relationship owing to the long history of dating with that person.  But if you’ve met a person only recently, you are free to make a rational decision whether to get off or get on with this relationship. 

Woman 3:  Generally speaking, short period of dating can make it possible to live a marriage life as if you are still dating.  He can be your boyfriend and at the same time your husband.  It could be even more romantic, I mean, until a baby is born.    

Man 3: I have concern over short period of dating before marriage, since you get to marry a person without knowing about him/her sufficiently enough.  Usually couples having dated for long period are those who eventually made decision to get married to each other, rather than seeing the person as prospective spouse in the beginning.  In most cases, I guess grown-ups can find enough about each other after six months’ dating or so.  If a marriage fails after several years, that may be owing to ignoring a problem that you saw during dating period. 

Woman 4:  Too many thoughts are not necessarily good when it comes to making a decision to marry.  I saw people reckoning and weighing too much and eventually losing good prospective spouse.  You can’t interview all men in the world and pick the best to be your husband, can you?  So, you need a decision at a certain point before it is too late. 

Man 4: There is a guy I know.  He is 38 and he met a woman aged 34.  And they talked about getting married to each other on their first date.  At first I couldn’t understand this.  Now, I sort of understand, since you keep meeting new person after person, and there is a certain point that you should make a timely and wise decision.

We certainly can’t say the quicker the better.  But, in man-woman relationship, long relationship period isn’t necessarily beneficial, since there is no such guarantee that your marriage will succeed because you spent so much time dating before getting married.  

There are so many elements that work with each other to make marriage a success.  Some people are good for dating, some others being good husband/wife material.   So, it all depends on the character of the person, and his/her compatibility with your own character.

DISCLAIMERS: 이 글은 각 칼럼니스트가 직접 작성한 글로 내용에 대한 모든 책임은 작성자에게 있으며, 이 내용을 본 후 결정한 판단에 대한 책임은 게시물을 본 이용자 본인에게 있습니다. 라디오코리아는 이 글에 대한 내용을 보증하지 않으며, 이 정보를 사용하여 발생하는 결과에 대하여 어떠한 책임도 지지 않습니다. 라디오코리아의 모든 게시물에 대해 게시자 동의없이 게시물의 전부 또는 일부를 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송 등의 행위는 게시자의 권리를 침해하는 것으로 원칙적으로 금합니다. 이를 무시하고 무단으로 수정 · 복제 · 배포 · 전송하는 경우 저작재산권 침해의 이유로 법적조치를 통해 민, 형사상의 책임을 물을 수 있습니다. This column is written by the columnist, and the author is responsible for all its contents. The user is responsible for the judgment made after viewing the contents. Radio Korea does not endorse the contents of this article and assumes no responsibility for the consequences of using this information. In principle, all posts in Radio Korea are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, and transmitting all or part of the posts without the consent of the publisher. Any modification, duplication, distribution, or transmission without prior permission can subject you to civil and criminal liability.
전체: 1,100 건